Mortal Blade is one of the unique quest items in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. On this page we will tell you how to get the Mortal Blade and also compare the most important uses of this secret weapon.
How to unlock the Mortal Blade?
Mortal Blade does not drop from any boss and you cannot find it in any treasure chest with loot. To obtain this unique weapon, you just need to advance enough within the main storyline. The most important mandatory steps are:
- The defeat of Genichiro on the roof of Ashina's Castle.
- Meeting Kuro in his room at the castle.
- Meeting with Isshin Ashina in one of the upper buildings of the castle and learning about the Mortal Blade.
- A second conversation with Kuro, this time about the Mortal Blade.
- Getting to the Senpou Temple - information about the proposed route you will find on the page How to reach the Senpou Temple?.
- Pass through the main part of The Senpou Temple area and reach the sculptor idol - Main Hall.
- Interact with the bell, which lies on the altar (this position is shown on the attached picture).
Using the bell will take the hero into the illusion, which gives you the task of tracing and murdering four monkeys - we have described this in detail on the page How to find and kill Folding Screen Monkeys? in a separate chapter of our guide.
Killing all the monkeys ends the illusion and automatically moves you into a whole new area with a new sculptor idol - the Inner Sanctum.
At the entrance to the Temple, you will meet Divine Child of Rejuvenation. Confirm its commitment (the first dialogue option), and you will receive the Mortal Blade.
How to use Mortal Blade?
Mortal Blade cannot be equipped from inventory and it cannot be replaced by a standard katana. This weapon is automatically used by the hero if necessary. We are talking, for example, about clashes with immortal opponents. After winning the battle, the hero can use the blade to strip them of immortality and bring to their final elimination.
In addition to the Mortal Blade, the game also unlocks a very useful active ability Mortal Draw. You need to set it as active in the Combat Arts tab.
Mortal Draw causes to attack enemies with Mortal Blade. This is a strong attack, which consumes 3 ghost symbols. Mortal Draw allows to slash opponents, leaving a poison cloud that increases the distance of further attacks. This is a great ability to weaken many bosses faced in the final phase of the main plot of the game.