In order to reach Empire Tier 2 in Saints Row you must complete the Drawing Heat main mission. Our walkthrough explains the requirements you must meet to start the mission, how to get rid of the cops and distract them with an armored can.
- Rewards for completing the mission
- Unlocking the mission
- Meet up with the Saints
- Take out the cops
- Keep the cops occupied
Rewards for completing the mission
- XP and cash;
- TOGO-13 Sniper Rifle - an amazing scoped long-distance wepaon;
- new vehicle: Saints Ethel;
- new ability: Wingsuit Bounce - lets you bounce off pedestrians while using the wingsuit;
- Empire Tier 2 - unlocks new ventures (Eurekabator, Laundromat, Wuzyerz Repo) to purchase and build.
We've described these ventures in more detail on separate pages in the Ventures chapter. Each one will cost you $100,000.
Unlocking the mission
This is one of the first main missions with additional unlock requirements. These are:
- Completing the Aggressive Recruiting story mission - described on a separate page of our guide.
- Building three ventures - described in the Ventures chapter, the first one (JimRob's Garage) doesn't count here. Only the ventures you build manually by using the criminal empire table count. Building them is enough - you don't need to fully complete their questlines.
Meet up with the Saints
Start the mission by talking to Neenah in the church, then head to where the rest of the Saints are. After reaching your destination, talk to the marked ally by the van.
Take out the cops
Talk to the person responsible for dividing the cash, then grab some money.
Cops will appear, forcing you into a battle. Thankfully you have many allies during this encounter. Try to avoid hitting them by accident, though you won't fail the mission if you do.
During this mission objective you may encounter a glitch - one of the enemy groups can end up appearing on the highway outside the mission area. There is no way to reach them if they do, forcing you to load the latest checkpoint. Try to stay close to the armored van and wait for the cops to come closer - this may prevent the bug from occuring again.
Keep the cops occupied
After dealing with the enemies return to the van. You must now fire away at the cops as a passenger. You can either stay in the cabin or get onto the rooftop by holding down the Interact button (which, in our opinion, isn't really worth it). Fire at the cars closest to your can, preventing them from ramming you.
You have to hold on for a while. Eventually you'll trigger a phone call, which completes the mission.