This page of the Returnal guide informs if you can increase the inventory capacity of the main character. In addition, we explain whether Selene may have more than one weapon in her inventory at any given time.
Selene's inventory can be viewed primarily in the Equipment window available after pausing the game. Here is the most important information about it:
- Consumables - initially, Selene has only one slot available. If we want to move various gadgets, then we need to expand the inventory, which is described further in the text.
- Atropian Blade - after unlocking the blade, it will remain in the inventory forever. There are no other varieties of melee weapons.
- Firearms - unfortunately, the heroine can only have one type of firearm at a time. If we find another weapon, we'll have to give up our current one and throw it out of the inventory. Keep it in mind and, if possible, choose more universal weapons that will allow you to cope with different types of enemies (except for preparing for a boss fight).
- Artefacts - inventory offers 15 artefacts. It may seem that this is a small number, but the artefacts found cannot be transferred to subsequent cycles. Filling the entire inventory with them is an unlikely scenario.
- Datacube - Selene can carry 1 datacube at a time and we need to take it to the device where it will be processed. We described the cubes in more detail on a separate page.
- Parasites - this is a special category, because parasites are displayed not in the Equipment tab, but in the Status tab. Selene can attach up to 5 parasites to her outfit. Keep this restriction in mind during longer trips and choose the best parasites or use consumables or special stations to get rid of unwanted parasites.
- Obolite, keys and Ether - moving these objects in the inventory is not limited in any way. Besides, we should spend it economically so that we'll have it in stock when we actually need it for something.
Transferring several consumables
Consumable are the only item category, the size of which in the inventory can be increased. Initially, Selene can only carry one type of consumable (although it can be several pieces of the same item). Ultimately, we'll be able to carry 3 different consumables. To switch between them, use D-Pad left and right.
Xeno-Tech Prisms are used to increase the inventory capacity as well. These are unique artefacts that you can find after you advance far enough in the game.
We should find the first prism right after arriving in the 2. biome (Crimson Wastes) for the first time. It should be located in front of the spot where we've passed through the portal from the Overgrown Ruins.
The second prism can be found while exploring the 4. biome (Echoing Ruins). In our case, it was in the chamber with a large levitating orb, as shown in the picture.