Resident Evil 4 Remake: Accessibility features Resident Evil 4 Remake - guide, tips
There are accessibility options in RE4 Remake, and our guide compiles the most important ones - these include visual and auditory enhancements linked to on-screen captions, HUD, camera movement, aiming assistant, screen blur and controller vibration.
Last update: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Resident Evil 4 Remake offers accessibility options. On this page of the guide, you will learn about settings for people with disabilities. These include various visual and audio enhancements and options to simplify gameplay, including an aiming assistant, inverted camera, enlarged subtitles and a revised interface design.
RE4 Remake offers 3 types of accessibility settings and they are in the Accessibility menu:
- Preset for Visual Accessibility - This is a setting for people with visual impairments.
- Preset for Auditory Accessibility - This is a preset for people with hearing disabilities.
- Preset for Motion Sickness - This is a preset for people with motion sickness, which can be triggered by, for example, camera work or dynamic scenes in a game.
You can make change other things and the more important ones are:
- HUD - You can change the display of the user interface to make it, e.g. more visible.
- Subtitles - You can change the font size and color, as well as the background for the subtitles displayed on the screen.
- Sight Settings - You can change, for example, the color of the crosshair or the way the world is represented with the Biosensor Scope (regarding Regeneradors and other monsters).
- Control Settings - You can, among other things, determine how sneaking and running (single button press or hold) should work, and change how to use parrying and 180-degree quick turn.
- Aim Assist Type - You can turn on an aim assistant (e.g. headshots are easier to get) and to determine how strong it is.
- Auto-reload - This is automatic weapon reloading, which is enabled by default.
- Vibration - Controller vibration is enabled by default. In the case of the Dualsense controller for PS5, you can also disable adaptive triggers.
- Camera Inversion - You can invert camera movement separately for moving and aiming weapons. The game also allows you to adjust the acceleration and maximum speed of the camera.
- Camera Wobble - You can disable camera wobbles, e.g. during sprinting or fighting.
- Motion Blur - You can turn off screen blur, which is active by default.
- Lens Distortion - You can turn off image distortion and chromatic aberration when using a scope.
- Color Space - You can change the set of colors. The default setting is sRGB.