This page of the Resident Evil 3 Remake guide provides comprehensive information on how to heal the character and how to check the current health level. This information is extremely important to stay alive.
- How to check hero's health?
- Is health automatically replenished in Resident Evil 3?
- How do you heal a character?
- When can I heal the hero?
- What happens after death?
- What are the parasites and how to get rid of them?
How to check hero's health?
You can check your character's health in two main ways:
- After opening the inventory. Health information is displayed in the bottom left screen corner - the green color symbolizes full health, the orange color (Caution) refers to partial injuries, and the red color (Danger) serious injuries and nearing death. When playing at high difficulty levels, don't wait for the character's health bar to drop to the red level. Heal your character beforehand.
- Visually. The injured hero will be holding his or her abdomen and will also have mobility problems.
Is health automatically replenished in Resident Evil 3?
No. But there are two exceptions. If your character's health drops to an orange or red level, you'll have to use medication to treat it. References:
- Playing at the lowest difficulty level - Assisted. Health may be partially replenished.
- Take advantage of the cheat and buy Recovery Coins at the in-game shop. They slowly regenerate lost health.
How do you heal a character?
Two main types of objects are used to treat the character:
1) Herbs. Available treatment options include:
- 1 Green Herb - regain a small part of Health
- 2 Green Herbs (combine them in the inventory) - regain more health
- 3 Green Herbs - (combine them in inventory) - full recovery
- Green Herb + Red Herb (combine them in an inventory) - full recovery
2) First Aid Spray. Restores full health.
We recommend to always have some herbs and sprays on you. They are most useful when fighting Nemesis.
When can I heal the hero?
This is possible at any point in the game. What's more, when you open the inventory window, the game pauses and you can easily combine herbs or choose a medicine you want to use.
What happens after death?
If your character dies, you have two choices.:
- You can continue from the last checkpoint - these are created, for example, when you enter a new location.
- Or load game - you can choose an automatic save or one of the manual ones (created with the typewriter).
Continuing from the last checkpoint does not reset the game timer. Remember that if you want to get a high score. It is better to return to the main menu and load the previous save to restore the counter to its previous state.
What are the parasites and how to get rid of them?
The problem of parasite infestation arises during the exploration of the substation, specifically as a result of Jill being infected by a spider. You can read the infestation information from the inventory window. Red veins and distortions will appear on the edges of the screen. Use the green herb to get rid of the parasite and regain some health.