On this page of the guide to Resident Evil 3 Remake we explain how to use codes/cheats. You can make the game easier if the chosen difficulty level is too demanding for you.
Does Resident Evil 3 have cheats?
No, there are no classic cheats in the game - those requiring a password or pressing a secret combination of buttons.
You can't use any cheats during your initial playthrough, but you can make the game easier by lowering the difficulty level. The game may offer this solution if you die. Easier difficulty level can enable aim assist, give you a free assault rifle for Jill, partial health regenerating, weaker opponents, and more ammunition from crafting. However, you need to know that you can't go back to a higher difficulty. This can also block trophies (you can't get any trophies for playing on the Assisted difficulty level).
How to use cheats?
You can start using cheats after finishing your first playthrough. A new option will appear in the main menu - Shop. You can buy there a variety of rewards including cheats/facilitators.
Top cheats in Resident Evil 3 Remake
Note - Each cheat costs points received after each completed playthrough. Plan your purchases well so that you do not "waste" points on e.g. a cosmetic item or a useless weapon.
Here is a list of available cheats. The most valuable facilities are in bold.
- [Item] Recovery Coin - Allows you to automatically regenerate health. You can carry up to two coins to increase the healing effect.
- [Item] Iron Defense Coin - Increases your resistance to enemy attacks. You can carry up to two coins to increase the defense.
- [Item] Assault Coin - Increases the strength of the attacks. You can carry up to two coins to deal even more damage.
- [Item] Crafting Companion - You can craft more ammunition.
- [Item] S.T.A.R.S. Field Combat Manual - Perfect dodges are easier to perform. You have a larger margin of error when pressing the dodge button.
- [Item] Lock Pick - You have a pick in your inventory right away. You don't have to make enough progress in the story to get it.
- [Item] Bolt Cutters - You have bolt cutters in your inventory right away. You don't have to make enough progress in the story to get them.
- [Item] Hip Pouch - Your inventory capacity is bigger from the start. You can buy a few hip bags. After that, you won't have to look for them.
- [Weapon] Infinite MUP Handgun - The pistol has unlimited ammunition. This is a great cheat for speedruns.
- [Weapon] Infinite CQBR Assault Rifle - The assault rifle has unlimited ammunition. This is a great cheat for speedruns.
- [Weapon] Infinite Rocket Launcher - The rocket launcher has unlimited ammunition. This is the best cheat in the game, thanks to which you can instantly kill all monsters and stop Nemesis. Unfortunately, the launcher costs 62,400 points.
Items related to the cheats / facilitation you bought (coins, weapons, etc.) will be waiting to be picked up from an item box. You can transfer them to the inventory at will or leave them in the crate to make room in the inventory.