Cancer is the main boss that appears in the world of Root Earth, specifically in the location of Ashen Wasteland. In our guide to Remnant 2, you'll find tips on how to beat it. We also explain the set of attacks that the enemy can use, and then provide information on the rewards you'll obtain after victory.
Cancer - boss overview
Cancer is an enemy that primarily attacks at close range. However, it has access to ranged attacks, such as shooting roots from the ground. At 60% HP, his move set glitches, causing him to "fake" performing an attack.
- Root Attack - by putting his hands or head into the ground, Cancer creates roots under the surface, which will shoot up after a moment. They inflict damage and make it harder to move around the arena.
- 3-hit combo - near the player, the boss will deliver two punches with the hands and then finish the combo with a head blow.
- Shockwave - Cancer can return to his initial location by leaping there. After landing, he creates a shockwave that deals damage and knocks you back.
- Glitch - the boss will start to glitch, trying to make a move. The first one will always try to cheat the players.
- Jump attack - if a large distance separates you, Cancer may take a leap to attack you with its hand.
How to defeat the Cancer boss?
If you have the opportunity, aim for the boss's back. A good method is to use any summon that will focus Cancer's attention, letting you peacefully attack the boss' weak spot. If you're short on ammunition, collect it after destroying the roots. Bullets fall out of them.
Cancer will often try to approach you and attack with hands. Expect three attacks. They have a large range, so it's better to dodge them than to sprint away.
If the boss creates a shockwave, just dodge directly in front of it. With this, you'll reduce the damage and won't be thrown off balance. In the meantime, shoot at Cancer to take advantage of the brief moments when it won't attack you.
After taking down about 40% of the boss's health bar, it'll start glitching and flashing red. His movements will become more unpredictable. It's important to remember that only the first move is a bluff. That's why you should react to what happens during a glitch, and only then to what comes after it.
Remember to watch the ground you are standing on! If you see signs of activity beneath the surface, make sure to dodge to avoid damage from the emerging roots.
Defeating Cancer yields the following rewards:
- Necroryte Strand,
- Tome of Knowledge,
- Lumenite Crystal x3,
- Scrap x500.