You'll find Kaeula's Shadow in Yaesha, in Kaeula's Rest to be exact. On this page of our Remnant 2 guide you can read more about what to expect/avoid when fighting this boss. We also provide a complete moveset of the boss along with a list of rewards obtained for defeating him.
Kaeula's Shadow - boss description
Kaeula's Shadow is a boss who is a difficult opponent, more so because of the unique arena the battle takes place. She is almost entirely submerged. Moving around it is troublesome, and in many cases, dodge won't be possible. Moreover, the boss summons tentacles that help him in battle. It hides in the water and attacks whenever it has the chance.
- Tentacles - the boss can summon a tentacle that emerges from the water almost at any moment during the battle. A moment after appearing, the tentacle will perform a straight line attack targeted at you.
- Surfacing and Resurfacing - the boss submerges in the water, then quickly moves closer to the player. Once nearby, he will resurface and attack.
- Tentacle Push - once in the vicnity of the player, Kaeula's Shadow can extend a tentacled hand to attack you.
- Tidal Wave - if the boss hides the unarmed hand behind him, after a moment a tidal wave will be released that deals damage and tips the player over once struck.
- Summoning Tentacles - when Kaeula's Shadow submerges into the water, he can create a few tentacles in different places around the arena. All summoned tentacles share a HP bar. You have to deplete the bar and destroy all tentacles for the boss to resurface again.
How to fight Kaeula's Shadow?
The biggest challenge of this encounter is the unique arena. It is almost completely covered by water. Moving around in deeper waters is remarkably slow, and in such conditions, dodge is unavailable. Because of this, it is better to keep to the small shallower area at the entrance or use water lillies to move around.
As for the boss himself, he is vulnerable to Fire attacks, so consider equipping a weapon or a weapon mod that deals this type of damage. Bleeding is also a good choice. Aside from this, the boss doesn't have any weak points.
If Kaeula's Shadow is near you, it is best to get behind its back or escape. The worst thing you can do is to fight in deeper water, as there is a very high chance of being on receiving end of all its attacks without the possibility to avoid them.
When the boss starts creating tentacles, it is best to keep away from them and destroy them from a distance as soon as possible. Some tentacles attack in a straight line, others use spin attacks. Same as the boss, the tentacles are vulnerable to fire. After eliminating all of tentacles, most likely the boss will appear very close to you and attack immediately after emerging from the water.
When it comes to the Tidal Wave attack, only way of mitigating it is running to a side. Even a perfect dodge won't save you from damage. If you get struck by the wave, you'll most likely lose your balance, which Kaeula's Shadow can use to its advantage.
For defeating Kaeula's Shadow you will receive the following rewards:
- Twilight Dactylus,
- Tome of Knowledge,
- Lumenite Crystal x3,
- Scrap x500.