Magister Dullain is an optional boss that you can encounter in the Losomn region - in the Shattered Gallery. In this chapter of the Remnant 2 guide, you will read about his attacks, what tactics to use against him and what rewards you can receive.
Magister Dullain - boss overview
Master Dullain attacks mainly with his lantern and jaws. He uses several attacks that can inflict toxin and fire.
- Fireball - if you are a bit further from the boss, he will shoot a fireball from his lamp, which upon hitting anything will leave fire on the spot. Entering it will cause your character to start burning and receive damage over time.
- Spitting out toxins - Magister Dullain can spit out several poisonous projectiles from his mouth.
- Summoning reinforcements - from time to time, two opponents will appear on the arena who will start attacking you.
- Throwing carcass - after hitting the ground with his staff, Dullain will make all the corpses in the arena levitate above him. Every now and then one of the bodies will start flying towards you and explode.
- Tongue grab - Magister Dullain's deadliest attack. If you get caught, Dullain will devour you. It can kill you even if you have full health.
How to fight Magister Dullain?
It's worth preparing for this fight. A good idea would be to equip at least the Acid Stone Ring, which can be purchased from Reggie for 500 Scraps. If you have Antidote in your inventory, you should also equip it. Thanks to these two items, you will get rid of the Corroded status and increase your resistance to Acid.
Luring the boss to places that where hit by a fireball to make him burn and receive damage for a few seconds. The same goes for toxins. They also affect his minions.
The boss's weak point is his tongue, however, it's hard to hit because in many situations, he will have his jaws closed. He usually opens it when he wants to catch you with his tongue (then it's better not to attack, just prepare to dodge to the side) or when he spits out a toxin.
You can also focus on attacking his lamp. However, this is not so highly recommended. Although he will lose access to several attacks, including the ability to shoot fireballs, but he will start to use his tongue grab more often, which may turn out to be a big problem.
If the boss hits the ground with his staff, all the bodies of his minions will start to fly above him. Every now and then one of the bodies will fly towards you. This is easy to predict, as the corpse will start to glow in bright green. Dodge to the side when the body gets close to you.
For defeating Magister Dullain, you will receive the following rewards:
- Tainted Ichor,
- Tome of Knowledge,
- Lumenite Crystal x3,
- Scrap x500.