Moral choices have great significance in the context of the fight with the Corrupted Ravager. You will find him in the Yaesha region, more specifically in the Ravager's Lair. In our guide, we talk about potential rewards depending on your choice, about the boss's attacks, and we will explain how to defeat him.
- Corrupted Ravager - boss overview
- Corrupted Ravager - moral choices
- List of moves
- How to fight Corrupted Ravager?
Corrupted Ravager - boss overview
Corrupted Ravager resembles a massive hound devoured by the Root. He is quite a nimble opponent who also has various attacks. Fighting him is not the easiest, and it can be made even more difficult due to moral choices.
Corrupted Ravager - moral choices
Before the fight with Corrupted Ravager, you must make a decision regarding him and another creature - The Doe. You can choose:
- Revive The Doe - by doing this, you will save Yaesha from Root, and you will receive a different item after defeating the Corrupted Ravager, namely Doe's Antler.
- Shoot and kill The Doe - then Yaesha gets infected with the Root disease. Thanks to this choice, you also don't have to fight the Corrupted Ravager. Then you will receive the Ravager's Mark Amulet, which enhances the damage dealt to bleeding opponents.
- Shoot the Corrupted Ravager - this will immediately start the fight with Corrupted Ravager, however The Doe will still be in the arena. The boss may run up to The Doe in the middle of the fight and try to eat him. If he succeeds, after defeating the boss you will receive the Crimson Membrane.
- Shockwave - Corrupted Ravager can produce a wave at medium range, which moves towards the players. Then he will thrust his hands into the ground and create a red explosion.
- 2 hit combo - the boss can attack with his hands twice. These quick swings are performed one after the other.
- Summon reinforcements - after a moment of standing still, the boss begins to tremble and fires projectiles from his back. Smaller opponents will emerge from them after a short while.
- Bouncing off the player - if the Corrupted Ravager is very close to the player, it can jump into the air, and then, bounce off the player to move away.
- Pulling wave - in the second phase, the boss may start running around to create a wave that pulls the player. It only inflicts damage if you are very close to the boss.
- Charge - the boss runs forward, ramming everything in his path and dealing huge damage.
- Howl - Corrupted Ravager stands still for a moment, then emits a red aura that inflicts significant damage.
How to fight Corrupted Ravager?
First and foremost, you should focus on shooting at his red, exposed back. That's exactly where his weak spot is. Attacking it will deal much greater damage. Secondly, you need to stay away from him. The boss is the most dangerous when he is a few steps away from you.
At first, the boss will avoid your attacks, while trying to shorten the distance. Occasionally, he will summon reinforcements. Once they appear, it's best to deal with them first. The biggest threat in the first phase are his close-range attacks, which should be avoided by moving to the sides or directly in front of him.
When he is far away, he will most likely use a shock wave that must be avoided be moving sideways or straight. After this attack, for a short moment he will be easier to hit. As for the wave that pushes you back, the only way to avoid it is to dodge in any direction (preferably straight ahead).
In case of a pull wave, try to dodge backwards and then quickly shoot at the boss. Repeat this step until the Corrupted Ravager stops doing this move.
If you notice that the boss has jumped and is trying to bounce off of you, perform a dodge straight ahead or to the side (never backwards) when his legs are near you. After this move, the boss will be very far away, and what's more, he will be open to your attacks.
The second phase will begin when the boss on the arena creates a red, emanating aura that will strengthen him. Don't worry about it though, because it doesn't cause any damage. Unfortunately, in the second phase Corrupted Ravager gains two new attacks.
One of them is a charge, which is a very fast move. The boss will start running forward, trying to ram you. Even columns may not help in avoiding this attack, so quickly jump aside as soon as his paws are near you.
The second attack is creating an aura that inflicts damage as soon as you get in its range. It covers quite a large area, so a good idea would be to retreat. If you can't do that then hide behind a column.
For defeating the Corrupted Ravager, you will receive the following rewards:
- Lumenite Crystal x5,
- Tome of Knowledge,
- Strange Object,
- Scrap x750,
- Doe's Antler / Ravager's Mark Amulet / Crimson Membrane.