Mother Mind is one of the bosses you can encounter in the Yaesha region. It's located in The Nameless Nest. This chapter of our Remnant 2 guide explains her moveset, recommended strategy and loot dropped.
Mother Mind - boss description
Mother Mind can summon small copies of itself to aid it in combat. The boss's attacks can destroy parts of the arena, so you must keep moving to avoid falling off and dying. Its attacks are very predictable though, and her eye is a huge, exposed weak spot.
List of moves
- Claw strike - Mother Mind strikes at your position vertically with one of her hands. The claw will return to the boss a moment after hitting the floor. This move has a variation - Mother Mind can attack twice, alternating between both claws.
- Arena collapse - Mother Mind, usually after losing 1/4 of her health, roars loudly, rises and starts striking the arena. The floor will crack slightly on the first hit, but on the second one it will collapse down into a bottomless pit.
- Summon reinforcements - After destroying part of the arena, the boss usually summons two smaller copies of itself. After a moment, they'll start firing projectiles at you.
- Spin - Mother Mind raises its claws and extends them horizontally. After winding up, she'll spin, slashing the area around herself.
- Smoke - Mother Mind releases four pink projectiles from its head, which create a toxic cloud upon impacting the ground.
How to fight Mother Mind?
The main way to beat Mother Mind is to aim for her giant eye. Shooting it deals increased weak spot damage. One of the Hunter skills - Hunter's Mark - works great here.
The boss' primary attack is its claw strike, sometimes striking once, sometimes twice. To avoid them, side dodge as the claw drops onto the platform.
When she winds up a spin, stick to the back of the arena, as she probably won't reach you there. You can also dodge the spin with a well-timed dodge.
When she starts roaring loudly, it means she's getting ready to destroy part of the arena. This attack has another huge tell too, which you should easily notice when firing at her. While winding up, the boss is immune to all damage. Once you notice it, move to another platform - otherwise you'll fall and die.
After destroying the ground, Mother Mind will summon two smaller copies of itself. Focus on them before resuming the fight. They should drop to two sniper rifle shots each.
Defeating Mother Mind rewards you with:
- Cordyceps Gland,
- Tome of Knowledge,
- Lumenite Crystal x3,
- Scrap x500.