Remnant: From the Ashes, game guide, weapons
In this section you will learn about weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes that are worth using due to their damage or weapon mod.
There are many weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes. Weapons are divided into three groups: primary weapons, secondary weapons, and melee weapons. Main weapons are usually machine guns and sniper rifles, various shotguns and even crossbows. Secondary weapons are often pistols, and melee weapons such as swords, spears and hammers, used for close combat. It is worth mentioning that all weapon are useful, even those you begin with. All depends on the type of weapon the player will invest in (upgrade). However, some weapons will stand out due to their weapon mod or other properties. Here are some weapons worth using:
- Couch Gun is one of the early weapons in Remnant. You will receive it when you choose the Ex-Cultist archetype. You can also buy it at Ward 13 from Rigs. As for the weapon, it's good for mid-range combat and perfect for close distance attacks. There are only 2 rounds in the clip, but an accurate headshot can kill most opponents. It deals a lot of damage at the very beginning of the game, and at the end if you keep upgrading it.
- Ruin is a weapon that can be created by McCabe in Ward 13 from material obtained after defeating the Undying king. This weapon is very accurate, fires triple series of projectiles and deals pretty decent damage. In addition, it has an optical scope. What's most important about this weapon is its weapon mod, which is permanently attached to Ruin. After charging the entire weapon mod, it allows to revive the player with half of his health, and add a buff which reduces received damage by 10% and makes you immune to status effects for 8 seconds. Having a second chance, especially when the player is playing solo, is very useful.
- Devastator is a crossbow that shoots 5 blades in a horizontal line in a single shot. It's the perfect medium-range weapon, because the closer the enemy is, the more likely we are to deal damage for each accurate hit. This weapon deals tremendous damage. Furthermore, Devastator weapon mod shoots a single, powerful projectile that deals 275 damage and additional 300% damage, and adds Bleeding status, which deals 330 damage over 15 seconds. Devastator can be crafted by McCabe from Unclean Heart, which can be obtained after defeating The Unclean One.
- Hive Cannon - this weapon can be crafted by McCabe from Hivestone, which can be obtained after defeating Ixillis XV. This weapon is ideal for dealing with large groups of enemies due to the fact that projectiles can hit multiple enemies at the same time. In addition, weapon mod allows you to launch a projectile that does not cause much damage in itself, but releases a deadly cloud on the ground, which causes damage to enemies who enter it. You can have a maximum of 3 stacks.
- Spitfire - yet another weapon that can be crafted by McCabe from a material (Blazing Heart) obtained after defeating a boss called Singe. This weapon has 24 rounds in the clip, shoots rapidly and is ideal for dealing with large waves of enemies. It deals mostly fire damage. In addition, weapon mod allows you to use a short-range flamethrower that deals 150 fire damage for 10 seconds.
- Scythe - this weapon can be purchased in Corsus from Iskal Queen for 750 scrap. Although, this weapon does not have a weapon mod, thanks to its charged strike it's one of the best melee weapons in the game. This strike allows you to attack an enemy 3 times during one attack. Deals a lot of damage to your enemies.
- World Breaker- this weapon is available after defeating Claviger and obtaining Stone of the Guardian. The weapon may not deal tremendous damage and may be rather slow, however, it is ideal to deal with large groups of enemies. It's probably the best one considering this aspect. A charged attack deals damage to all the surrounding enemies and pushes them back, which gives the player enough time to finish them off from a distance or heal the character.