In this chapter, you will learn how to fight in Remnant: From the Ashes and how to be more effective against enemies.
Fighting is one of the most important, if not the most important element of Remnant: From the Ashes. Most creatures are hostile to us, all they need to do is see us and the battle begins. Here are some basic concepts that will allow you to familiarize yourself with the basic issues:
- Stamina - Located under the health bar, is marked with a white bar. There aren't too many actions that cause stamina depletion, mainly it is a sprint and a roll. Shooting or attacking with a melee weapon doesn't deplete stamina.
- Encumberance - This is an indicator that shows how much rolls we can perform, and how quickly our stamina recovers. This indicator is visible in Advanced Info section in your inventory. There are four levels, depending on how heavy armor we are wearing. Light = 0-25, Medium = 26-50, Heavy = 51-75 and Ultra Heavy = >75
- Alternative Shot - This is really the use of an equipped weapon mod, which is visible next to the ammunition counter. This indicator is filled by firing at the opponents. Weapon mod will be ready for use when the circle is entirely white.
- Melee - Press the attack button to use your melee weapon (R2 on PS4). Hold down the button to use a more powerful attack. Some weapons have special effects after performing a stronger attack.
- Weapon shot - To shoot with our firearms, we first need to aim (L2 on PS4) and then use the attack button.
- Critical shots and Weak Spots - There are several types of damage in Remnant. There is normal damage, marked with white color, there is red damage that means we are shooting at the enemy's weak spot, and critical damage marked with yellow. If the enemy isn't aware of our presence, then we have a better chance of dealing critical damage.