This page of the Remnant From the Ashes guide has various tips about the combat mechanic. You will learn, e.g. how does the stamina bar work, what are critical hits, or how to use firearms and melee weapons.
Combat is the most important element of Remnant: From the Ashes. The majority of the creatures are hostile towards us - they attack as soon as you get in their sight. Below you can find a few basic combat-related terms:
- Stamina - This white bar is below the health bar. There aren't many actions that can deplete it, mainly sprint and rolls. You don't use it when attacking with firearms or melee weapons. Avoid depleting the entire bar at all cost - your character will need some time to restore it.
- Encumbrance - it determines how many rolls you can make and how fast is your stamina recovery. You can check it in the Advanced Info in the inventory window. There are four levels and they depend on your armor's weight - Light = 0-25, Medium = 26-50, Heavy = 51-75 and Ultra Heavy = >75
- Alternative Shot - Use the equipped weapon mode visible next to the ammo counter. Fill this indicator by shooting enemies. Your weapon mod is ready when the entire circle is white.
- Melee - Press the attack button (R2 on PS4/Ps5) to use your melee weapon. Hold the button to make a stronger attack. Some weapons have special effects when performing a strong attack.
- Shoot - To shoot your firearm, you need to aim first (L2 on PS4/PS5) and then press the attack button.
- Critical shot and Weak Spots - There are a few damage types in Remnant. Normal damage are marked white - these are the regular attacks. Shots that hit weak spots are colored red. Critical damage are marked yellow. You have an increased chance of dealing critical damage to enemies that didn't spot you.