This page is a walkthrough for If the Hat Fits, one of the main missions in Red Dead Online. Harley told you to visit Pike's Basin and meet with the Blackwater chief.
NOTE! This mission requires high honor.
Go to the camp. It turns out that the outlaw you are looking for is heavily guarded. Defeat them - the best way to do that is to stand on the top of the gorge. That place gives you the best protection and view on the battlefield.
Once all the outlaws are dead, go down and hogtie the target. One of the players must carry the outlaw while the rest should cover that person. The walk through the gorge is intense - the enemies will attack you in large numbers. Remember to use covers. Also, the person carrying the outlaw can put the man on the ground for a moment and help other players fight.
You finally reach the camp. The outlaw gives you an offer - you can let him free or take him back to the police chief.
- Take offer - The outlaw will put his hat on another corpse. Pick it up and follow the freed outlaw. The man will lead you to a stash with money. Collect it. Then, ride to the police chief. The man won't notice that you have swapped bodies. Receive your reward.
- Refuse offer - Stow the outlaw on one of the horses. Go to the police chief - no one will attack you. Receive your reward.
How to get a gold medal in If the Hat Fits...?
In If the Hat Fits... mission, players can get a bronze, a silver or a gold medal. Factors that determine which medal you will get:
- Mission time - under 8 minute and 30 seconds.
- Number of killed enemies.
- Lives lost by you or other players.
- Damage received.