Dead Eye in Red Dead Online differs from Red Dead Redemption 2's version. This time, the ability doesn't slow the time down. You use it to, i.e. increase your damage. Below you can find the list of all unlockable skills and their requirements.
Dead Eye abilities in Red Dead Online
Choose 1 out of 6 available Dead Eye abilities. New abilities will be unlocked with higher ranks.
- A Moment To Recuperate - When Dead Eye is active, your character slowly regenerates their health. The effect stops when you receive damage.
- Paint It Black - When Dead Eye is active, you can mark enemies. Press the trigger to shoot the targets. Every shot consumes a bit of Dead Eye.
- Focus Fire - When Dead Eye is active, you and your allies deal more damage. The effect doesn't stack up when your friend also activates this skill.
- Slow and Steady - While using Dead Eye, you receive a little bit less damage, and headshot won't kill you immediately. You can't run.
- Quite an Inspiration - When Dead Eye is active, you and your allies restore health gradually. The effect doesn't stack up when your friend also activates this skill.
- Slippery Bastard - When Dead Eye is active, enemies won't be able to lock on you, but they also can't be targeted. Other enemies will have reduced accuracy. This ability depletes Dead Eye really fast.
Every ability receives experience points provided that you have set it as an active Dead Eye skill. After getting enough points, you can level up that card (after paying enough money) - this will increase the card's bonuses.
Dead Eye passive skills in Red Dead Online
Besides the main skill, you can also choose three passive cards to make your character even more powerful. New slots for passive skills are unlocked at 10th, 20th, and 40th rank. Below you can find the list of all passive skills available in RDO. The brackets next to a skill's name have the rank at which you will unlock a given card.
- Horseman (rank 10) - You deal a little bit more damage while sitting in a saddle.
- Necessity Breeds (rank 16) - You deal slightly more damage when you are close to dying. Less health equals more damage.
- Landon's Patience (rank 18) - Breaks between your shots make you deal more damage (the maximum break time is 15 seconds).
- The Short Game (rank 38) - You deal a bit more damage to targets close to you and slightly less damage to targets that are far away.
- Hangman (rank 42) - Your lasso chokes enemies caught with it, dealing them a little bit of damage with every passing second.
- Winning Streak (rank 48) - Each consecutive shot aimed at the same target will deal more damage than the previous bullet.
- Come Back Stronger (rank 10) - Your health starts slowly regenerating when you receive damage.
- Peak Condition (rank 14) - You deal slightly more damage when your Stamina bar is full at 75% or more.
- Eye for an Eye (rank 28) - Headshots give you a little bit of Dead Eye back.
- The Gift of Focus (rank 30) - Abilities and items restoring Dead Eye work a little bit longer. You also deal slightly less damage.
- Strange Medicine (rank 32) - You get a bit of health back when you deal damage. Health regeneration speed is halved.
- Coldblooded (rank 36) - When you kill an enemy, you will get a bit of health back within 5 seconds.
- Hunker Down (rank 20) - You receive less damage when you are behind a cover.
- To Fight Another Day (rank 22) - While sprinting, you receive slightly less damage from bullets.
- The Unblinking Eye (rank 26) - Depletion rate of Dead Eye and Eagle Eye is a bit slower.
- Take the Pain Away (rank 34) - When you revive someone, you and that person receive less damage for the next 8 seconds. If you don't have a weapon or you are using a melee weapon, you will receive a slight reduction to damage dealt with bullets.
- Of Single Purpose (rank 40) - If you don't have a weapon or you are using a melee weapon, you will receive a slight reduction to damage dealt with bullets.
- Never Without One (rank 46) - Your hat blocks one headshot and then falls down. If you don't wear a hat, you will receive more damage.
Just like Dead Eye, active passive skills also receive XP. Upgrade them to make these skills even more useful.