This page of the Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart game guide covers the first part of the Savali walkthrough. The following walkthrough explains, among other things, how to stop the attack on the village and how to unlock the hoverboots, which help in exploring and quickly travelling around the planet.
Find the Prophet Gary
Soon after you start exploring planet Savali, you will encounter Mrs. Zurkon. She doesn't have any new weapons on sale at the moment, but you can buy older weapons or spend raritanium on new upgrades.
The Prophet Gary can be found a little further away. Approaching him will automatically initiate a conversation.
Stop the invasion of Monktown
The village is a short distance east of here. Along the way, you will initially encounter weaker opponents, although once you reach the main part of the village, a battle with Nefarious' troops will begin.
During the battles, you don't have to protect the villagers. Instead, focus solely on the fight. During battle, it's a good idea to pull yourself to slots in order to escape enemies or to quickly approach selected enemies.
Get to the Archives
It is worth exploring the village to find, among other things, raritanium. Continue along the main path. You will encounter Kit for the first time, who from now on will begin to accompany Ratchet similarly to Clank.
Going further, you will come across hoverboots - this is one of the most important gadgets in the game.
You can test out the hoverboots right away:
- the hoverboots are activated by pressing the R1 button - they function similarly to rollerblades or skates and allow you to travel much faster,
- additionally, pressing the L2 or R2 trigger while using the hoverboots will increase their speed,
- hovering over the ramps marked with arrows allows you to catapult into the air at high speed - use this to complete your first flight and reach the main part of the map - the wilderness.
At this point, you will have two main options to select from:
- complete the main mission objective of visiting the 3 temples on the planet - we described this in detail on the Finding the Dimensional Schematics page,
- complete the optional mission objective of researching the shrines on Savali - we have described this in detail on the Gaining Lombax Lore page and it might earn you some unique items,
- additionally, you can of course explore the surface of Savali in search of collectibles - a list of these can be found in the Secrets and Collectibles chapter of our guide (you can also return to Savali at any point later during the game).