On this page of the Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart game guide you will find out how to activate photo mode. You will also learn the basic and advanced features available when taking a photo in photo mode.
Activating photo mode
Photo mode is available at any time during the game. You have to pause the game and select the right option.
The game will inform you that you can optionally assign a shortcut to photo mode in order to be able to activate it with a single button press.
By default, shortcuts are used to select weapons from the inventory, so if you want to set photo mode to be activated this way, you will only be able to conveniently choose between a maximum of 3 weapons instead of 4.
Photo mode is available during cut-scenes and gameplay. However, you should be aware that if you turn it on during a cut-scene, you won't be able to freely move the camera. This can nonetheless be a good wayto take nice pictures, as all the cut-scenes are rendered in real-time on the game engine.
The in-game photo mode in Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is very advanced. Here's a breakdown of its key features:
- freely moving ("flying") the camera and rotating it to the full extent,
- changing the vertical position of the camera,
- tilting the camera from side to side,
- hiding the hero, bolts, and collectibles,
- various depth of field and lens settings (including focal length),
- selecting graphic filters, frames and stickers - you can unlock more filters, stickers and frames by collecting gold bolts (in-game collectibles),
- focusing and film filter,
- the ability to change the character's pose, facial expression and weapon visibility,
- setting up additional light sources.
Photo Mode controls
You can use the following DualSense pad buttons in photo mode:
Movie/fly the camera
Move the camera down
Change Character Mode
Hide the whole interface - press the SHARE button to save screenshot and add it to gallery only after you hide the HUD
Exit photo mode
Move the camera up
Reset the camera position