This page in our guide to Rage 2 contains our tips on how to find unique loot faster. The unique loot includes datapads, containers, and Ark chests. You can do that by purchasing one of the projects that unlock a compass - it will point you towards unique items.
Complete Ground Control story missions to be able to find unique loot faster. Ground Control is one of the starting missions. Your objective in this mission is to find Dr. Anton Kvasir in Sekreto Wetlands.
Search & Recover project tree is one of the rewards for this mission. This tree has three interesting projects:
- Datapad Tracking - This is a level one project.
- Storage Container Trackning - This is a level one project.
- Ark Chest Tracking - This is a level four project.
These three projects will help you complete locations in 100%. Besides these skills, you can also unlock two other projects:
- Embedded Feltrite Tracking - This is a level two project. You can collect stones by using Focus.
- Spy Drone Tracking - This is a level three project. This skill is useful in unlocking Mata Hari Manners trophy/achievement where you have to destroy 30 drones.
Regardless of how many projects you unlocked, the game will now start displaying a compass - this happens when you get close enough to unique loot. The compass is displayed in the upper section of the screen, right below the radar (see the picture). Pay attention to the compass - the more "bars" it shows, the closer you are to the item.