This page in our guide to Rage 2 contains a detailed walkthrough for Wasteland Celebrity mission. This is one of the main missions unlocked during the prologue. Your objective is to visit Loosum Hagar in Wellspring town. This is a long mission. During it, you will have to, e.g. participate in fights on an arena, win a car race, and defeat Jumbo, one of the bosses.
- Unlocking the mission
- Find Loosum Hagar in Wellspring
- Examine the Winner's Lounge
- Survive the Mutant Bash TV arena
- Participate in a car race
- Meet with Klegg Clayton
- Defeat Jumbo (boss fight)
- Leave the sewers
- Completing the mission
Unlocking the mission
This is one of the four quests in the prologue, called The Ranger, that start automatically. You receive this mission shortly after visiting the first Ark in Vineland. After completing the Ark and unlocking Dash, go back to the first room with the holo-recording and listen to Erwina Prowley's briefing.
Find Loosum Hagar in Wellspring
Go to Wellspring town located in the north-west part of Torn Plains region - choose any road leading to that location. Once you get there, enter the town. Your character has full authorization.
Wellspring is the largest town in the game. However, you don't have to explore it carefully for this particular mission. After you enter the town, choose one of the paths leading left. You need to reach the City Hall presented in the picture above - this building is next to the square with a statue and shops.
Speak with the guard inside the City Hall. You won't be able to proceed forward. Soon, things will get complicated - the City Hall will be attacked by intruders. Defeat them. These enemies won't be a challenge. If you have Combat Shotgun or skills like Shatter, run towards the stairs to face the enemies at a close distance. Otherwise, stay on the bottom floor and attack the enemies from a longer distance.
You are finally able to meet with Loosum Hagar. Use the lift to reach the City Hall's upper floors. After a short welcome, you must eliminate more enemies - the first group stands on the exterior balconies. The second group will use the lift - throw a grenade or use Shatter/Combat Shotgun when the enemies start leaving the lift.
Examine the Winner's Lounge
The mayor gives you the gizmo. Leave the City Hall, move forward and then turn left into the first wide alley. You reach the Winner's Lounge. Speak with the bouncer. You learn that only celebrities are allowed to enter.
You learn that you have to survive an arena fight and participate in a car race. Both objectives are described below. You can do them in any order.
Survive the Mutant Bash TV arena
To complete this objective you have to visit one of the Mutant Bash TV arenas - Killbox Meat Grinder in Broken Tract region.
Once you get there, enter the large building and watch a cut-scene during which you will meet Desdemona. Go to the lift - it will take you to the arena. Approach the board to register. We recommend choosing the regular rules.
You need to win fights on four arenas. They are completed in a fixed order. Look for supplies in corridors connecting the arenas - you can find, e.g. ammo or health infusions.
- Red Carpet Carnage is the easiest round. Simply focus on eliminating incoming mutants. Pay attention to enemies that can appear above you after the pillars are spread apart. The game encourages you to play spectacularly and to increase the score multiplier. This isn't mandatory to complete the mission. However, if you get a higher score, you will receive more tokens.
- Ball Room Blitz, the second round, requires you to avoid the electricity. Try to stay in the center of the arena - you won't get electrocuted here.
- Garden Party Rampage has moving traps. Keep them in mind when you move around the arena.
- Afterparty Ambush Zone is the last round - you have to defeat both regular enemies and a mini-boss. This enemy stands on the large platform located in the center. Start attacking the mini-boss as soon as you can. Use your best weapons and skills. Also, run a lot to the sides and use Overdrive whenever you can. Once the mini-boss is dead, focus on the regular mutants.
After surviving all four rounds, go to the lift and watch a cut-scene. There is an optional objective here - before you go out, go to the Gift Shop to spend tokens.
Participate in a car race
Go to ChazCar Derby: Torn Plains Track.
There, speak with Chaz to confirm that you want to participate in the race.
Races in Rage 2 aren't difficult but you should remember about a few things:
- You drive ChazCar. Complete the mission to add this vehicle to your garage. Don't worry that you can't drive Phoenix or any other vehicle - ChazCar is great for this race.
- Use boost as often as possible - it makes your vehicle drive faster and it has a short cooldown. Use nitrous right after the race starts and whenever you are driving a straight road.
- Avoid using nitrous right after you get launched from a ramp or when you are approaching a sharp turn - you can get outside the race track. This can cost you time or you can get stuck. If you notice that the car has problems with turns, press the brake button harder or use the hand brake (only in specific situations).
- The track is full of forks. You can use shortcuts but this isn't necessary to win. The best way to do that is to focus on driving the car flawlessly. Wider roads reduce the risk of hitting an obstacle.
- If you made serious mistakes, pause the game and retry the race.
As a reward, you get ChazCar vehicle and 10 Auto Parts. You can replay races to get new skins and Auto Parts.
Meet with Klegg Clayton
Go back to the Winner's Longue after you win both the arena fights and the race. The bouncer will let you in. Reach the lower floor and then speak with Klegg Clayton. Follow him to his office.
Your new objective is to plant the gizmo on Klegg's computer. Wait until Klegg stops talking. After that, he will leave the office. Go to the desk and hold the interaction button.
Defeat Jumbo (boss fight)
Go to the lift. You learn that Klegg Clayton was aware of your plans - you end up in sewers. Your next objective is to defeat Jumbo, one of the bosses. This is a powerful mutant (his health bar is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen).
The key to survive this fight is to use Dashes. Move the analog stick to the left or the right and press the dash button (R1/RB on consoles). Use dashes when:
- Jumbo starts throwing various objects at you.
- The boss is preparing to perform a jump combined with ground slam.
You should also use dashes towards the opposite side of the arena when Jumbo is getting dangerously close to you.
Use ranged weapons to damage the boss. We recommend using the Ranger Assault Rifle, the Smart Rocket Launcher, or other good weapons that work at a longer distance.
You can also use grenades but throw them only when Jumbo is standing in one place. Otherwise, your grenade won't damage the boss when he decides to go somewhere else.
The arena with the boss has a few supplies like ammo or health infusions. Grab them when you run out of ammo/healing items.
Defeat Jumbo to receive Life Gland, one of the items that allow you to increase your character's stats at the cyber doctor in Wellspring.
Leave the sewers
Leave the arena by using one of the available exits and then start moving through the sewers. A few groups of enemies will stand in your way. These fights aren't difficult, however, you should pay attention to grenades thrown by some of the opponents. Either move away from them or send them back with Grenade Tennis perk.
The largest group of enemies is in the room with the tank. Shoot and/or throw grenades on them when you are still on the upper balconies. Also, watch out for the armored enemies - they will arrive in the lift (see the picture above). Attack them before they leave it.
Completing the mission
Use the lift to go back to the surface. Go back to Wellspring - you will see Clayton running away.
Go back to the City Hall and speak to the mayor. As a reward, you unlock Loosum Hagar's projects. Spend at least a part of your project points on some of these perks.
Complete this mission to unlock Wasteland Celebrity bronze trophy.