In Rage 2, you have four allies who will support you from the beginning of the game. They have special sets of projects. These are skill trees that will allow you to develop your character. Projects can be purchased for project points you earn by completing missions or activities across the wastelands.
One of the three companions you will encounter when completing story missions is John Marshall. On this page of the Rage 2 guide, you will find a detailed description of the projects, learn how to unlock them, and what to do to improve the level of this hero.
How to unlock projects?
To unlock access to projects from the kill and destroy category, you must complete the first task during the Blackout mission. It involves finding Marshall at Gunbarrell.
John Marshall has 23 improvements:
- Bullet Bag - allows you to carry 25% more basic ammunition.
- Large Bullet Bag - allows you to carry 50 percent more basic ammunition.
- Special Ammo Bag - allows you to carry 25% more special ammunition.
- Large Special Ammo Bag - allows you to carry 50% more special ammunition.
- Throwables Bag - allows you to carry 6 throwable items.
- Large Throwables Bag - your inventory can hold up to 8 throwables.
- Weapon Tinkering Expert - allows you to switch between weapons.
- Weapon Juggler - switching weapon causes the refill of the magazine of the new weapon.
- Pain Resistance - reduces the screen blur when receiving damage.
- Sprinting reload - allows to reload whilst sprinting.
- Sprint movement Boost - you run 30% faster.
- Guts-powered reload - killing an enemy accelerates reload.
- Surprise Attack - each attack on the enemy, who did not have time to notice you, deals five times more damage.
- Moving target - during the sprint you receive 30% less damage.
- Tactical movement Boost - moving and aiming while crouching are faster by 50%.
- Agile Marksman - improves the accuracy while shooting in the air.
- Overdrive sidle Kick - Slide onto an enemy kicking him into the air.
- Overdrive strike - all attacks performed during Overdrive are critical.
- Critical Strike - increases the chances of a critical hit.
- Precise Critical Strike - increases the chances of a critical hit by 50%.
- Grenade tennis - allows you to hit the grenades back.
- Grenade Smash tennis - allows you to pick up enemy grenades and throw them somewhere else.
- Topspin Grenade Tennis- deflected grenades go back to the enemy who threw them.
How develop this companion?
You develop John by performing activities such as:
- Mutie nests;
- Electro Forges;
- Bandit Dens;
- Crusher Nests.