Each of the characters in Pathway can have specific Perks. They mainly affect the outcome of events and dialogues, as well as availability of new options during specific events on the world map.
Some of the perks affect the chances of success of activities as a hidden mechanic, not as a direct option. Below you can find a list of all of the available Perks that unlock new functions and actions during events:
- Ancient Languages - allows you to read ancients texts and understand the language of the local population.
- Daredevil - unlocks decisions that are based on quick and spontaneous actions.
- Brute - unlocks alternative options based on the strength.
- Shadow - thanks to this Perk you will unlock options associated with stealth and theft.
- Medical Expert - unlocks options associated with medical knowledge.
- Engineer - unlocks options associated with technical knowledge.
- Trickster - with this perk you will be able to deceive and provoke people in dialogues.
- Sixth Sense - sixth sense will allow the character to more easily see through tricks and traps and choose better decisions.
- Intimidation - force another solution by putting psychological pressure on the enemy.
- Survivalist - with this perk you will be able to better handle situations connected with difficult terrain and wild nature.
- Forbidden Lore - this perk is associated with magic rites.
Additionally, each of the characters has access to individual passive abilities that govern their strengths and weaknesses. In general, most of the team members has one, up to two perks from the presented above list. This limits the options (even with a full squad) of solving conflicts in the Events.
You should keep in mind that having a Perk does not guarantee a success in completing a specific action during an Event. The RNG system trends towards a positive solution to a problem, but even action with a Perk can result in a failure.