A Friend in Need! is the first story mission in Pathway. The game doesn't have a tutorial - you have to figure things out by yourself. Thanks to this chapter you will know how complete the first mission, learn about the things you should pay attention to, and read which characters you should take for your first expedition.
For the first story mission you should choose the following heroes:
- Natalya Shushkova - this woman gives access to healing ability and has a pistol that is especially useful during the early phases of the game. What is more, she has two perks: Medical Expert and Engineer, which can be used during certain events, increasing their chances of success. She can also use armor of any weight: this will allow you to use any armor found, instead of repairing the old one.
- Baron is a sniper. This will allow you to balance the team and fight on both short and long distances. The hero has a knife and light armor - the latter allows you to run further (and extend the course even further by paying 1 point of courage) to surround the enemy. The character has a perk increasing the chances of success of certain events a well as a the Greedy perk: it allows you to gather more money during the journey, which in turn will allow you to earn well in the early phases of the game.
The first mission in Pathway consists of one procedurally generated map. There are two paths leading to the objective - the one above and the one below. Reach the target destination and defeat the enemies (4 soldiers). Do that, and you will complete the mission.
- The first location you should visit is the Merchant (marked with a pouch icon). You need to buy more fuel. Your fuel supplies are displayed on the bar at the bottom of the screen; if you found more fuel, you can decide to take a detour and explore the map a bit. Remember to take care of your heroes (pay attention to their armor, health, ammo) - if they are in bad shape, it will be better to choose a faster path leading to the target destination.
- A Tent is worth visiting. Here, you can rest and regenerate health for free. You can do that unlimited amount of times. Your armor gets restored, too.
- If you can, try to avoid the points marked with a crosshair: you will always get ambushed there. This fight won't always be difficult, but the enemy starts the fight with the knowledge of your current position and will keep moving towards your characters.
- Some markers will appear on the map when you get close to them!