Templar | Example builds Path of Exile Guide
Last update: Wednesday, May 11, 2016
- Armour is increased by 20%.
- Maximum energy shield is increased by 10%.
- Life regenerated per second is increased by 1%.
- Adds 10 points to Strength and Intelligence.
- Spell damage is increased by 14%.
- Melee damage is increased by 14%.
- Attack and Cast Speed are increased by 5%.
- Adds 10 points to Strength and Intelligence.
Discipline and Training
- Adds 30 points to maximum health.
- Maximum health is increased by 10%.
The second passive skill is linked only with the character's health. It adds some points to its maximum level and increases it by a percentage. It grants the Templar a better chance to survive.
- Resistance to all elements is increased by 12%.
- Elemental damage is increased by 10%.
- Chance to freeze, shock or ignite is increased by 5%.
Fifth passive skill is responsible for elements and gives the character two useful properties. Firstly, it increases the resistance to all elements. Secondly, it increases the damage that the character does while using elements.
- Area of effect is increased by 12%.
- Damage dealt with AoE skills is increased by 8%.
This node is responsible for damage dealt by AoE skills and their range.
- Physical damages with staves are increased by 28%.
- Physical damages with maces are increased by 28%.
- Armour is increased by 30%.
- Physical damages with two handed melee weapons are increased by 16%.
- Attack speed with two handed melee weapons is increased by 4%.
- Accuracy rating with two handed melee weapons is increased by 10%.
- Stun duration with two handed melee weapons is increased by 10%.
Smaller nodes included in this build are related mainly to elements - their damage, AoE skills and two-handed weapons. Health and mana are also improved but a bit less.
Templar is another of the hybrid characters, he's based on strength and intelligence. The former one is related to his health and melee damage, while the latter is related to mana level and energy shield. This combination of attributes will make your character turn into a battle mage experienced in both casting spells and fighting. He will use two-handed staffs.
How to play
The gameplay is based on both physical and magical power. He'll have less magical power than the Witch and he'll be less tough than the Marauder but he'll have massive elemental bonuses. His staff will serve as a two-handed melee weapon while spells will work as a long-distance weapon.
In this build, the templar will develop both attributes, however intelligence will get a bit more attention. The passive skills you'll unlock will be related mainly to elements, specifically their efficiency with spells and weapons. In further development you should choose nodes related to lightnings (skills in this build are based on this element). This guide doesn't contain any of these passives because of their distance from the start. You should also focus on damage, area of effect and mana regeneration. Nodes linked with strength should be related to two-handed weapons and health level.
A Templar built accordingly to this guide should acquire skill gems that are related to strength and intelligence, they also mustn't collide with the character's weapon. This means that their description must specify that they will work with a two-handed staff. The table below shows several gems perfect for this character. You should make collecting them your highest priority.
The character performs a basic attack which additionally creates projectiles that inflict lightning damage.
After a brief moment, the character teleports to a selected spot where he does lightning damage.
The character creates a shockwave that hurts enemies with lightning.
The character activates an aura that increases lightning damage done by him and his allies.
Lightning Strike is an excellent form of attack for the Templar. This skill makes the character perform the basic attack that also releases lightnings. They deal damage to enemies the character is facing and they're a useful addition to basic melee attack. It uses little mana and it's effective so you should make it your basic attack.
Lightning Warp is a spell that lets you move quickly to a selected place (within a limited range), therefore escape the enemies. It also releases lightning shockwaves in the places you are before and after casting this spell. It won't work as a way to move faster because walking somewhere takes less time than this type of teleportation.
Shock Nova is a powerful area skill that creates a lightning shockwave It's a good way of dealing with many enemies around your character You can also use it if you don't want to fight weaker enemies. You just have to press the correct button and the lightning attack will clear your way.
The last skill, or rather aura, is called Wrath. It adds lightning damage to all of your character's attacks. If it's combined with spells listed above, it provides a concentrated power of the element which literally strikes the enemies.