The building menu is divided into the following tabs.
- Base. Here you will find the basic things that are needed in order for your base to function, such as doors, tiles or ladders.
- Oxygen. This tab contains all the machines you need in order to produce oxygen.
- Power. The whole power grid infrastructure is located here, starting with wires, through batteries, up to various machines capable of generating electricity.
- Food. From here you can build various food storage compartments, e.g. refrigerators, but you can also set up your first crop fields from this menu.
- Utilities. So far there are only two devices here, they are used for controlling the temperature.
- Plumbing. A very extensive section, where you will find machines used to pump liquids or gases and pipes which are used to transport them around the base. Additionally, the shower and outhouse are located here, which you will need to construct in order to meet the needs of your duplicates.
- Refinement. Purification and processing of used materials or resources, e.g. turning contaminated soil into fertilizer.
- Medicine. If your subordinates are somehow injured or get sick, here you can find various means that can help them. You can also build a hand sanitizer that will lower the overall stress level.
- Stations. Here you can choose two research stations.
- Furniture. In this tab there are various facilities and amenities for your duplicants, such as beds or massage tables.
- Decor. Is your base too ugly? Maybe it is worth creating a sculpture, or displaying a work of art? Remember that you need to have an artistically talented duplicant, so that your work does not make things worse.
You can order your duplicates to do the following jobs:
Dig. A basic task, it is enough to mark the digging area, and your people will start digging. If you want to create a large room you should start digging from the top down, so that you do not have to construct additional ladders.
Harvest. When your crops are ripe, use this command and draw out the area from which your crops are to be harvested.
Prioritize. Do you want something to be done faster than the rest of the commands? When you select this option, you will see numbers in the lower right corner. Choose the one that is higher than the rest of the numbers on the board are, and then draw out the area in which you want your colonists to prioritize tasks. This also applies to various machines and research stations.
Sweep. If there are too many resources lying around your base (which impacts the decor modifier), force your duplicates to move the selected materials out of a given area. Remember, that you need to have free storage space, in order for this task to be carried out.
Mop. If someone does not make it to the lavatory and you will see a pool of contaminated water, you can order your subordinates to clean up the area with this command. It only works on small clusters of contaminated water.
Deconstruct. If you want to break multiple structures and machines apart with one command, issue this job order. You can also specify whether you want to break apart everything, or just the electrical wires or pipes.
Cancel. Mass cancellation of issued commands. Refers to all jobs described above.