1. In the top left corner, there is an asteroid icon. Here you can see the current day (cycle) and the time remaining until the end of the day. Next to that you can see the number of colonists, the indicator of the most stressed duplicant (if you hold your cursor over that field, you will see a list of the stress levels of all of your subordinates) and how much food you have in the colony. Below that there are the buttons which control the game’s speed and a list of alerts and important events at the colony.
2. The top right corner contains several tabs that cover specific information. First, you have four larger tabs: "Jobs", which concerns various tasks, "Vitals", where you see the status of your duplicates, "Reports", which summarizes several important factors in your colony, and "Research", which concerns technology.
Below that you can see the overlays/filters which display information at the site of your base (in left to right order): about the amount of air, the power grid infrastructure, the temperature, the light availability, the condition and appearance of your waterworks, the pipeline infrastructure with air or other gases, the decor and the priorities for each job.
3. Below the tabs is a list of all the resources you have. Not only those in a solid state, but also liquid or gas (if they are in your infrastructure). Here you can also find the types and amounts of food that you have.
4. Jobs for your duplicates.
5. The building menu. Here you will select structures and machines, that you want to construct.
6. By hovering your mouse over a given field, you will see all the items and elements that are located there. So in this example: the Research Station, Electrical Wire and Contaminated Water. By clicking several times in a given location, you can select the desired item among a really large cluster of objects.