Our Overwatch 2 guide is a compendium of information about the online shooter by Blizzard Entertainment. You will learn, among other things, about tactics, the game's mechanics, game modes, and the available characters.
- Overwatch 2: Guide content
- Overwatch 2: Quick beginner's guide
- Overwatch 2: Basics
- Overwatch 2: FAQ
- Overwatch 2: PC system requirements
- Overwatch 2: Language versions
Overwatch 2: Guide content
Our guide to Overwatch 2 begins with the basics. There you will learn about the most important mechanics. The main part of this chapter is the beginner's guide. You will also read about the basic mechanics and rules of the game, and a characters tier list that focuses on their versatility and role.
The second part of the guide is the answers to the most frequently asked questions - the FAQ. You will find here, for example, information on how to do the SMS verification, how the cross progression of accounts from the first to the second game looks like, or how to unlock new characters.
The guide ends with an appendix in which we provide information on system requirements, controls, accessibility settings, and language versions.
Overwatch 2: Quick beginner's guide
If you're new to Overwatch 2, check out the following tips:
- Communicate with your team: you will have many options at your disposal, ranging from text chat and ping system to voice chat. It is very important due to the dynamic gameplay.
- Defend the most important objectives when choosing a tank: in Overwatch 2, the team size has been reduced to five characters, so you will only be able to choose only one tank. It will be up to these players to defend key positions.
- You will stop capturing the point when the opponent enters the field: sometimes it is worth entering the point yourself, if it prevents the opponent from taking it and your team is about to appear there.
- Learn your character: although there are three character classes in the game (DPS, Tank and Support), each of them behave and work differently. For example, Reaper will specialize in close-range combat and flanking, while Mei is good for defending a point and slowing enemies down.
More tips can be found on the Beginner's guide page.
Overwatch 2: Basics
- Characters tier list: on this page, you will learn about which characters are versatile and which can be used for a specific purpose.
- Game modes: Learn about the core game modes and map objectives that appear in Quick and Ranked games.
Overwatch 2: FAQ
- Account Merge - how to do? - on this page, we have described a method to transfer your progress from the previous game.
- SMS verification - what does it involve? - on this page of the guide, we have described how to properly do SMS verification and what it protects against.
- Characters - how to unlock? - this page of the guide provides information on various ways to unlock all the characters available in the game.
Overwatch 2: PC system requirements
The minimum system requirements for Overwatch 2 are as follows:
- Operating system: Windows 7/8/10 64-bits
- Processor: Intel Core i3/AMD Phenom X3 8650 2.3 GHz
- RAM: 6 GB
- Graphics card: 2 GB GeForce GTX 660/Radeon HD 7850 or better
- Disk space: 50 GB
Detailed information on the requirements is available on the page: System requirements.
Overwatch 2: Language versions
Overwatch 2 is available in a number of languages. However, the language change option is not available in the game menu.
More information can be found on a separate page of the guide: Language versions.
About Overwatch 2 Guide
Author : Dawid "DavideLi" Lubczynski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : October 7, 2022
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Overwatch 2 Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Blizzard Entertainment
- publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE, Switch, PS5, XSX
More About Overwatch 2
October begins, leaves are brown, sky is grey. For most of us, it is time where we're spending increasingly more time playing games. And while you should remember to get fresh air, this month should bring some great games.
The second, and usually the more exciting, half of the year is upon us, also when it comes to game releases. The third and fourth quarters of the year are a time when publishers fire their biggest guns. What hits are still coming in 2022?