This section of the guide to Outriders contains the complete premade build for the Trickster class. We suggest which subclass to choose, which traits to select in the class tree, which skills to use, which items to look for and which mods to prioritize.
The Trickster in Outriders can be developed in many ways, and we suggest the Assassin and Reaver subclass paths. By choosing these paths, you can get rid of elite enemies very quickly if you play it right. However, this build requires good accuracy and decent reflexes.
Skill Tree: Assassin and Reaver
The Trickster, like every class in Outriders, has access to 3 unique subclasses that allow for a completely different play style. Most standard builds rely on the Assassin for better damage and the Harbinger for more stamina. However, this build is geared towards glass-cannon, i.e. fairly high damage at the expense of the character's stamina. The base of this path are Twisted Rounds, Borrowed Time, and Venator's knife.
Suggested minor traits of the Assassin subclass skill tree:
- Arms Trick : Increases weapon damage at close range by 15%;
- Ace of Trumps: Increases armor piercing by 10%;
- Death Probability: Increases weapon damage by 8%;
- Deadly Shadow: Increases critical damage by 20%;
- Singularity: reduces the cooldown of deception skills by 15%;
- Unforseen End: When you attack enemies from behind, weapon damage is increased by 20%;
- Suggested minor traits of the Reaver subclass skill tree:
- Concentration: Increases Anomaly power by 6%;
- Life Transfer: Increases Skill Leech by 6% (if you want a little more damage, you can swap it for Disturbance Coating);
- Continuum: Decreases the damage skills cooldown by 15% (including Twisted Rounds);
- Disturbance Coating: Increases Resistance Piercing by 10%;
- Suggested major traits of the Assassin subclass skill tree:
- Shotgun Master: Increases shotgun damage by 15%, increases shotgun drop chance by 20%, applies to shotguns and automatic shotguns;
- Disruptive Firepower: Activating a deception skill increases weapon damage by 35% for 8 seconds (the hunter's blade will then increase this damage);
- Outrider Executioner : Activating movement skills increases weapon damage by 35% for 8 seconds (including Borrowed Time);
- Scion of the Power: When your damage skill ends, weapon damage is increased by 35% for 8 seconds;
- Suggested major traits of the Reaver subclass skill tree:
- Countershield: Activating a deception skill, increases the Anomaly power by 50% for 10 seconds.
- Combat shield's timeline: Activating movement skills increases the Anomaly power by 50% for 10 seconds (including Borrowed Time).
As you can see, you can not only increase the damage each time you use the skill, but you can also increase the Anomaly power by 50% with Countershield. Since the Venator's knife has a short cooldown, you can do decent damage all the time.
The Trickster has 8 unique skills that can be unlocked at specific character levels. The suggested skill set fits well with the skill trees (Assassin and Reaver), and it will allow you to do a lot of damage in a short time. Increased survivability or extra damage will still come with mods.
Suggested Trickster Skills:
- Venator's knife: the character throws a knife at an enemy, and it will ricochet from other enemies a few times, dealing them damage, slowing them down and also marking them. The first shot at the marked enemy doubles the damage (the effect lasts 10 seconds),
- Borrowed Time: the character gains a shield and marks their current location. Activating the skill again will bring you back to the selected location,
- Twisted Rounds: fills the weapon's mag with Anomaly that increases weapon damage. The effect lasts until you change or reload the weapon.
For more information on all Tricster skills, see the Trickster - skills page.
Equipment and statistics
The main weapon in the suggested Trickster build is the Shotgun, specifically the standard one. This weapon has about 6 rounds and very high single shot damage.
- Crit Damage;
- Armor Piercing or Weapon Leech;
- Close Range Damage.
Recommended armor pieces stats:
- Bonus Firepower;
- Close Range Damage;
- Anomaly Power
- Cooldown Reduction.
- Skills life leech
One shot. The recommended stats will be the same, except that you should switch the short range weapon damage to long range.
In Outriders, you can choose from a large variety of mods that will further adapt the characters to the right style of gameplay. In our suggested build, we mainly focused on offensive modifications. If you have trouble staying alive, defensive mods are also listed below:
Recommended weapon mods:
- Fireworks: Shots explode dealing damage within 6 meters;
- Perpetuum mobile: killing an enemy with less than 35% rounds in the mage will instantly replenish your entire magazine (quite a useful mod for single-shot sniper and shotguns);
- Bone Shrapnel: killing an enemy with this weapon causes an explosion that deals damage and inflicts Bleed on enemies within a 5 meter radius;
- Killing Spree: killing shots increase weapon damage for 20 seconds. The effect stacks up to 3 times;
Recommended armor pieces mods:
- Sharp Eye: killing enemies while aiming down sights increases weapon damage for 20 seconds. The effect can accumulate up to 5 times;
- Bloodlust: killing an enemy increases Firepower. The effect accumulates up to 3 times and deteriorates every 10 seconds;
- Emergency Stance: when a character's Health drops below 30%, they receive the Golem protective effect for 4 seconds (10 second cooldown);
- Mitigation from Death: killing an enemy while aiming down sights increases Armor for 10 seconds. The effect stacks up to 3 times;
- Spare Mag: the effect of the Twisted Rounds skill is active for 1 additional magazine before the cooldown begins (mod recommended);
- Stand Tall: you gain Anomaly power and firepower when you stay out of cover for at least 5 seconds (mod recommended);
- Personal Space: increases damage at close range by 15%
- Gunshield: You gain firepower when the Borrowed Time skill is active (mod recommended);
- Strong Twist: When the Twisted Rounds skill is active, your firepower is increased by 15% (mod recommended);
- Anomaly Cut: Venator's Knife mod: enemies marked by the blade receive extra Anomaly damage (mod recommended);
- Stretched Time: Reduces the cooldown of Borrowed Time by 100% (mod recommended);
- Critstack: Critical hits increase Anomaly power and firepower for 5 seconds. The effect stacks 5 times (mod recommended);
- Damage Bonuses: Using any of the skills in the listed set (Twisted Rounds, Borrowed Time, and Venator's Knife) will increase damage. With the right mods for the Trickster skills combined with all skills, you are able to deal massive damage for an extended period of time, and when the situation gets dangerous, use the Borrowed Time skill again.
- Aiming down sights: using aiming down sights in tandem with the suggested mods will increase your character's firepower;
- Survivability: Your only skill that will keep you alive is Borrowed Time - it's what gets you back to safety, and activating it gives you bonuses to damage and shield. A good tactic is to get to a secluded location and activate first this skill, then the rest and charge at the enemy as far as you can. This will allow you to deal maximum damage at all times, and will also guarantee that you are constantly healing at close range. Should your enemy's firepower be stronger, you can always go back by activating Borrowed Time again. Thanks to this tactic, you will have some time to rest and your skills will manage to cool down - in the meantime, you can hide behind cover and use the single-shot sniper rifle, which has a very high base damage.