This page of the Oddworld Soulstorm game guide lists all the secrets / collectibles available in Stage 7 - The Hijack. You will find out where to find the unique key to open the padlocks as well as the locations of all the secret areas and Royal Jellies. Our guide will help you reach 100% completion in Stage 7 - The Hijack.
- Stage 7 - list of secrets
- Secret Area 1, Royal Jelly 1
- Secret Area 2
- Royal Jelly 2
- Secret Areas 3-4, Royal Jelly 3
- Royal Jelly 4
- Silver Square Key
- Royal Jelly 5
- Secret Area 5, Royal Jelly 6
Stage 7 - list of secrets
12 secrets can be found in Stage 7 - The Hijack:
- 6 Royal Jellies
- 5 Secret Areas
- 1 key
- We list the collectibles in the suggested order of finding them.
- There is a risk of missing some of the secrets. This can happen if you miss the location containing the collectible and go too far, or if getting to the secret requires additional actions.
- The game allows you to repeat entire stages from the main menu, but it's still a good idea to try and find all the secrets while completing a given stage for the first time.
- The acquired key allows you to open selected cabinets with padlocks during this and other stages of the game.
- During this stage, you will need to avoid eliminating the flying Sligs too quickly. The flying Sligs are required to unlock access to some of the collectibles and more enemies of this type won't always spawn to replace defeated opponents.
Secret Area 1, Royal Jelly 1
Both of these secrets are found at the very beginning of the stage. Abe must drop down at the starting location and use the bars visible in the screenshot. This will allow our character to reach the hole in the floor of the wagon.
Secret Area 2
The secret can be found soon after reaching the open wagon with the Slig. Instead of going further to the right, Abe needs to investigate the lower left wagon that he has bypassed before. The main character can use the bars to reach the hole marked in the screenshot and free some Mudokons while at it.
Royal Jelly 2
The secret is on one of the highest balconies of one of the bypassed wagons - the location is shown in the attached screenshot. It is hidden next to the crates, behind the working machinery.
Secret Areas 3-4, Royal Jelly 3
Soon after solving the puzzle that involves blowing up the propane tank, Abe will arrive in the location shown in the screenshot. There's a Guard House here and flying Sligs spawn from it. You will need to possess the first Slig of this type, but don't kill them too soon, because you won't be able to get some of the following secrets.
The Slig needs to fly all the way down. First you will need to fly to the left and shoot the floor of the left wagon from screenshot no. 1. Then you will need to fly to the right and shoot the floor of the right wagon from screenshot no. 2.
Abe will then have to reach the two newly unlocked wagons. In the case of the first wagon, jump onto the bars shown in the screenshot. They can be found to the left of one of the checkpoints. There's also a Royal Jelly inside the wagon.
The second wagon requires you to first complete some of the main section to the right. In the spot pictured above, the main character can jump onto the lower bars. Some of them are problematic, because when jumping, you will need to press the jump button a second time after a certain delay so that you don't bounce off of the ceiling. Inside the previously unlocked wagon there is a secret area with cabinets.
Royal Jelly 4
The secret is on the top level of one of the wagons. Shortly before the Slig Mama boss fight, Abe can go to the left and reach the partially visible collectible marked on the screenshot.
Silver Square Key
The key is obtained just after defeating the Slig Mama boss. To the right of the destroyed mech, there is a dead Slig that we marked on the screenshot. You need to search the body.
Royal Jelly 5
The secret can be obtained soon after you leave the location of the Slig Mama boss battle. At the first possible opportunity, Abe should start jumping down to the lower platforms. The collectible is under the wagon shown in the screenshot and you can reach it by using the bars.
Secret Area 5, Royal Jelly 6
Abe must once again possess the flying Slig and once more make sure not to kill them too quickly since they're necessary to unlock new passages. The Slig needs to fly over the wagon, under which you found the aforementioned Royal Jelly 5.
The flying Slig needs to perform two tasks:
- Pull the lever from screenshot no. 1 - it is located under one of the wagons in the area.
- Destroy the floor of the wagon from screenshot no. 2 - you need to fly a little to the right.
Using the lever resulted in the platforms extending between the wagons in screenshot no. 1. Abe can use the platforms to reach the bars under the train. Occassionally, while jumping to the right, you will need to delay the second jump to avoid hitting your head on the wagon. Abe will eventually reach the inside of the wagon through the floor. Among other things, you will find the Royal Jelly inside.