This page of the guide to Oddworld Soulstorm contains descriptions of Badges from Level 10 - Necrum. They are different challenges which include finding secrets, escorting Mudokons, opening lockers and crafting. Our guide will help you earn all the platinum Badges in Level 10.
Additional notes: if we do not pass the requirements of the challenge 100%, then we can still receive a badge of a lower rank, for example, a gold or a silver one. The game allows you to repeat the completed stages in order to obtain the missed badges.
Platinum badge requirements: Find 4 Secret Areas.
Badge description: One of the challenges associated with secrets/collectibles. The game always informs about finding a secret area. We have included them in the walkthrough of Level 10 - they are marked in green.
Platinum badge requirements: Search 40 lockers.
Badge description: getting the platinum Badge may be difficult when you're playing this level for the first time, because some lockers require the appropriate keys to open the lock. Regardless of how many keys you have, make sure you look into every nook and cranny, including the problematic lockers from the beginning of the level (see the picture above). If necessary, replay this section several times and make sure to loot all lockers.
Platinum badge requirements: Save 30 Mudokons.
Badge description: unlocking the platinum challenge can be difficult, even though the game forces you to save "only" 30 of 32 Mudokons.
- As you're playing through this level, you will meet the Mudokon from the picture, who is very difficult to save, because you would have to make him follow you through a series of traps. It's best to assume you'll leave him behind.
- Mudokons can easily die upon touching the traps, and some checkpoints are right after the traps. Always make sure that you manage to have the whole group avoid a trap (or divide the group into smaller ones), because the game might immediately save a new checkpoint and you will not be able to go back to the previous checkpoint.
Platinum badge requirements: Find 8 Royal Jelly secrets.
Badge description: One of the challenges associated with secrets/collectibles. Royal Jelly is a levitating object that you can collect to lengthen Abe's health bar. We have included them in the walkthrough of Level 10 - they are marked in green.
Platinum badge requirements: Craft 27 items.
Badge description: this challenge can be quite difficult because it requires you to craft relatively many items. You should remember the following:
- Acquire as many crafting ingredients as possible - both as loot and as items bought/received in vending machines.
- If your inventory is full, make some space in it e.g. by dropping some objects. This will allow you to craft more such objects.
- Always start by crafting items with the lowest requirements, that is, the ones that require the most common ingredients
Platinum badge requirements: 130 Moolah (the in-game currency) spent.
Badge description: this badge is partially related to the Crafter challenge described above. Every time you find a vending machine with paid items, buy the items until you see an Out of Stock message. If your inventory is full, drop some items or use them for crafting.
Fortunately, the Moolah Gates, where you need to spend cash also count towards this challenge. This should make it easy for you to get the platinum Badge.