Observer does not have high system requirements, however, in order to play it at high level of detail you need some pretty strong hardware. The game runs on Unreal Engine 4. The PC version lets players adjust multiple graphics settings, as shown in the picture above.
One of Observerís strengths is the fact that the game never suffers drastic frame rate drops and that the program is very stable. While preparing this guide we experienced no problems with the game crashing or any visual bugs.
Offline co-op (split screen/hot seat): No
Online co-op: No
This guide is based on the PC version played on the following hardware:
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHZ 6MB
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 HyperX 1866MHZ Fury Black
- Video card: Asus Strix-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
- Video RAM: 4GB
The above specification was enough for the game to run in 60 frames per second most of the time at 1080p resolution. Occassional frame rate drops would occur in several more demanding sequences or locations as well as while using some alternative modes of vision. However, those were not bad enough to seriously handicap gameplay.
Minimum system requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i3 (3.4 GHz) / AMD A8-6700 (3.1 GHz)
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 660 / AMD R9†270 or better
- OS: Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 64-bit
- HDD space: 10 GB