This section of NiOh guide focuses on the time required for completing the game. We provide you with several numbers depending on whether you want to complete only the story or to deal with the additional content and attempt to unlock the platinum trophy.
- Your proficiency with the (very complex) combat system and the armor you find have the largest impact on the amount of time you spend with the game. Both of the aspects can result in a smaller number of deaths and your ability to defeat bosses with fewer failed attempts.
- Completing all main quests should take approximately 35-40 hours. If you don't cope very well with the initial quests, spend several hours on training and experimenting with different types of weapons.
- Completing all main and side quests should take approximately 60-70 hours. There are a lot of side quests in the game and many of them display high difficulty level or the necessity to deal with optional bosses.
- Unlocking the Platinum trophy requires around 80-100 hours. Expect additional grind and that the game will test your skills until the very end.
- Three elaborate story expansions are difficult and time consuming. Remember that you are bound to spend 15-20 hours with each DLC, sometimes even up to 30 hours (given you want to complete them in 100%). Luckily, DLC trophies are not required for the platinum.