Quest: The Knot of Shou Lung
Quest given by: From the representative of the Confederation of Guilds.
Step 1: When you will exit Pentical Bleth office, you will notice that something has happened in the next room. Speak with the representative of the Confederation of Guilds. When she will find that you are an adventurer, she will let you in.
Talk to Threstonem Arundel. You will find that a very precious chalice was stolen. Of course, you have to find it. Start with reading the paper. There is a riddle that can lead you to the thief. Talk about it with Threston, and then look at the door. You will find blood there. If you have a high Spellcraft skill then you will find that the chalice is hidden there. Threston will give you 1500 and you will be asked to find a thief. If you don't have enough Spellcraft Skill then chalice will be found later.
Step 3: You can find the thief in two ways:
1. Go to Mintassan and buy a potion of blood-revealing from him. Return to the Tower and use the elixir on doors.
2. If you have completed the quest: Trouble at the Track, then go to the Track and speak with Tudor Fezziwink. Tell him that you want to borrow his dog. Tudor will accept your proposition and dog will lead you to the thief.
Step 4: Go inside. The first enemy is the iron golem. He is very tough, but you can kill him with magic very easily. If you want to you can buy a special weapon from Mintassan. After the fight take his key and open the door to the next room.
Step 5: To get to the next room you have to know the code. The correct answer is 4, 8, 11, 2.
Step 6: In the last room you will find Porthyria. She will tell you that she didn't want to steal anything. She's up to unravel the Knot of Shou Lung. She needs the Oil of Laduguer. Go to the Undergate and get some oil.
Step 7: Go to the Undergate, to Duergar Quarter. Inside you will be attacked by their warriors. Search their bodies and you will find some keys to other rooms. When you will be in the biggest room, you'll have to talk to Duergar Priestess. Talk with her about the oil. You will find that it has been stolen by some thieves. Priestess will ask you to retrieve it. Now you will have a choice. You can:
1. Refuse her proposition (that will end in fight). One of the dwarves will drink an oil and he will change into Laduguer Essence. This fight will be very difficult. Rest before it and regenerate.
2. Accept her proposition and go to the bandits lair, which is in the Undergate. This fight won't be difficult. The only thing you have to do is to neutralize mage. Save your game after the battle, because you will have to fight once again in few seconds. Search mage corpse and take a key. Open the chest and take dragon egg (you can sell it in Undergate or give to the city guard Captain. Now, you will be attacked by duergars. They have lied to you. The fight will be quite tough. After the battle return to Duergar Quarter. Prepare to fight and talk to the Highest Priestess. She will not want to cooperate. The fight will be the same as in point 1.
After killing Laduguer Essence and the Highest Priestess search their corpses. Now, you will find an oil. Return to Porthyria with it.
Step 8: You be teleported to the Tower with Porthyria. She will solve the knot riddle. Threston Arunel will be watching this. He will ask you to tell him where the chalice is. This information you have obtained from Porthyria. Get close to the desk and search for the chalice. Threston will give you $ 2500.
Quest: The Quivering Thumb
Quest given by: Mazzar Devala, after the quest: Unexpected Message.
Step 1: After you will exit the Tower, Mazzar Devali will want to talk to you. He will inform you that the Arena is open now.
Step 2: Now you can fight on Arenia. You can do a solo fight (speak with Benevolent Kalim) and group battles (talk to Dutiful Azram). All fights are described in arena section.
Quest: A Star is Born
Quest given by: Mintassan after the quest: Unexpected Message.
Step 1: Mintassan will ask you to retrieve his diamond. It fell down a grate in his shop.
Only fire and acid can kill the troll. You will have to buy a proper weapon.
1. To Undergate / 2. Entrance to Troll Lair
Start in Undergate. Go into the canals to Trolls Lair and kill these monsters to get to the another canal. You will find there a group of adventurers, which had taken the diamond. You can speak with them for a second and then they will run away. One of them will loose his signet.
Step 3: Return to Mintassan and show his this signet. He don't know what it means but he will order you to go to the Salty Jack (in Harbor Loop). Jack will recognize this signet and he will tell you that it belongs to Westblades. He will show you their hideout in Market Triangle.
Step 4: Go to the Westblades' hideout. The guard will attack you, so just kill him. Now prepare to fight with Blades. You can use AoE spells here, they are very effective. After the fight search the bodies and take: Scrolls: Color Spray, Burning Hands, Animate Dead, Flame Weapon, Fireball; Mage's Battle Robe; Dagger; Two+handed sword +2; Padded Armor +2; Mithral Dagger; Kukri +1; Two+handed Axe +2; Chain Mail +2; Long Sword +2; Heavy Shield +1; Scimitar +1; Long Sword +1 and diamond.
Step 5: Return to Mintassan and give a diamond to him. You will be rewarded with $ 3000.