On this page, you can find information regarding the Apprentice Cooking Station and Chef's Cooking Station. We explain how to construct cooking stations, how to cook food, and describe methods of obtaining recipes.
- How to build an Apprentice Cooking Station?
- How do you build a Chef's Cooking Station?
- How to upgrade Apprentice Cooking Station to Chef's Cooking Station?
- How to cook?
- How to obtain new recipes?
- How to get ingredients?
How to build an Apprentice Cooking Station?
To build an Apprentice Cooking Station, you need the following materials:
- Apprentice Cooking Station blueprint - unlockable at the Research Center by spending 12 Data Discs, available only after obtaining the blueprint for the Drying Rack first.
- Copper Pot x1 - made with the Intermediate Worktable by spending 5 Copper Bars (smelted at the Furnace).
- Marble Slab x3 - crafted with the Processor by using 6 Marble Bricks (smelted at the Furnace)
- Rubber Shell x4 - produced at the Processor after spending 12 Rubber (obtainable by processing Rubber Scrap at the Recycler)
- Bronze Bars x3 - smelted at the Furnace by spending 9 Copper Ore and 6 Tin Ore.
- Hard Wood x4 - to get it, cut down nearby Deadwoods.
After collecting all the required materials, approach the Assembly Station and activate the blueprint. Once the device is ready, you can start with more advanced cooking.
How do you build a Chef's Cooking Station?
To build a Chef's Cooking Station, you need the following materials:
- Chef's Cooking Station blueprint - unlocked at the Research Center by spending 12 Data Discs, Drying Rack and Apprentice Cooking Station blueprints have to be unlocked first.
- Frying Pan x1 - crafted at Lv1 Forging Machine by spending 3 Bronze Bars (smelted at the Furnace) and 1 Copper Stick (produced at the Processor).
- Steel Frame x2 - manufactured at the Intermediate Worktable by spending 9 Cast Iron Rod (crafted in at the Civil Processor), 12 Manganese Steel Bar (smelted at the Civil Furnace) and 8 Copper Screw (crafted at the Grinder).
- Copper Pot x2 - crafted at the Intermediate Worktable by spending 10 Copper Bars.
- Bloodstone Core x3 - crafted at the Intermediate Worktable by spending 9 Bloodstone and 15 Clay.
- Harwood Planks x2 - manufactured at the Processor by spending 8 Hard Wood (obtainable by cutting down Deadwood)
To continue, simply deliver the materials to the blueprint at the Intermediate Assembly Station and place the machine anywhere you want.
After successfully developing Chef's Cooking Station, you'll notice that the game informs you about a third possible upgrade called Advanced Cooking Station. Currently, however, this option isn't implemented in full, and will surely appear in future versions of My Time at Sandrock.
How to upgrade Apprentice Cooking Station to Chef's Cooking Station?
Instead of building a Chef's Cooking Station from scratch, you can upgrade the Apprentice Cooking Station. This option is much faster and requires less materials.
To upgrade, interact with the station and click on the third tab available. Remember that the upgrade also requires the related blueprint.
The upgrade requires following:
- Frying Pan x1
- Bloodstone Core x3
- Steel Frame x1
- Hardwood Planks x1
- Machine Upgrade Kit x1
How to cook?
A completed Cooking Station project allows you to both produce dishes instantly (if you know the recipe) and experiment with various ingredients with hopes to discover a new recipe.
The first tab lists all recipes you've produced. If you have the necessary ingredients with you, just select an item and click the Craft button to create a specific dish.
The second tab is a place for experimenting. Mix these options:
- Method - Steamer, Cooking Pot or Wok (the last option only appears in Chef's Cooking Station).
- Ingredients - you will find a list of products that you currently have with you on the right. Simply place them in the empty windows in the middle of the screen.
- Confirm - once you think you're ready, click on Confirm. You'll receive information whether the crafting process was successful. If yes - the recipe will be added to the list. If not, you will receive a certain number of Food Scraps.
The Oven cooking method is currently unavailable, although the game informs you of the presence of such an option. It will probably be fully introduced in further patches to the game.
How to obtain new recipes?
You can obtain recipes in 3 ways:
- Talking to Owen and Mebel - if you reached a certain level of reputation with them, they will share their recipes. To get access to the recipes, simply click on Talk Recipes after interacting with these characters.
- Experimenting - you can use Cooking Stations to try to develop recipes by trial and error (you're going to need a lot of ingredients for this).
- Exploring - there are recipe books that can be found in various locations of the map, mostly in treasure chests.
How to get ingredients?
Ingredients are found in the world in various types and quantities. There are several ways of gaining them:
- Gathering - some herbs, such as Oregano and Sand Leek, can be picked up straight from the ground.
- Defeating enemies - some enemies yield ingredients when defeated (Meat, Ant Honey, Egg, Rib Meat).
- Buying - the stores (Blue Moon To-Go, By The Stairs, Wandering Y Store and Moisture Farm Shop) also offer a variety of ingredients.
- Crafting - certain machines can create ingredients e.g. you can craft Flour at the Blender.
- Farming - successful farming yields many plant-type ingredients. To learn more, visit the dedicated page (Farming).
- Sandfishing - sandfishing will supply you with fish-based products.