This page contains information about the location called The Breach, which you can explore to find various items and ingredients. We explain where to find the ruins, how to prepare for the expedition and what enemies you will face there.
Where is The Breach?
The Breach is located in the western part of the city, right next to Civil Corps. You will first visit The Breach during the Moisture Farm Blues main quest. Later, you can visit the ruins whenever you want.
Preparations for the expedition
Exploring The Breach is different from exploring the Eufaula Salvage Abandoned Ruins. Before heading to this location, there are several aspects to keep in mind:
- Make room in your inventory - you'll find lots useful stuff in The Breach, so it's a good idea to have free slots in your backpack. Before heading out, leave any unnecessary items and materials in chests.
- Bring your favorite weapon - there are plenty of mechanical enemies lurking in the ruins, so don't forget to take the weapon you specialize in.
- Bring the Pickhammer - it's useful for destroying opened treasure chests in order to obtain Old Parts.
- Make sure to bring a few hundred Gols - in each level, you will be able to buy health-restoring medicines, which can come in handy after battling enemies.
Navigating The Breach
Before entering The Breach, you will have to choose which section of the ruins you want to enter. In order to unlock subsequent areas, you'll need to complete the previous ones.
On the left side of the ruins screen, you'll find information about the levels you can access, how much it costs to enter, and how much time you'll spend in-game on a single expedition. There's a one-time cost of both time and Stamina - during the expedition itself, the clock will be paused and your actions won't consume Stamina points.
You'll find information about your character's recommended level next to the description of each level. If you follow these recommendations, The Breach will prove to be a breeze.
Each level consists of three layers, the last of which is small and involves defeating a miniboss. The locations are corridor-based and you can preview their layout on the map at any time. Red dots signal the location of enemies, so you can always prepare for a potential battle. The opponents mostly consist of old robots that don't pose much of a threat, especially if your character's level matches the area's recommendations.
You'll come across treasure chests from time to time. These consist of two types:
- Blue - contain random basic materials.
- Gold - contain accessories, materials or Relic parts.
At the beginning of each layer, you'll find a Vending Machine where you can shop. Medicine that restores health points costs 100 Gols - it's worth buying if you find yourself dying in combat.
You can also use the Ruins Tokens you have earned so far to exchange them for various clothes and accessories from the machine.
Ruins Tokens and Rewards
After entering The Breach, a countdown will start. The faster you complete the ruins, the better the rank you will receive, and thus the more valuable rewards, including Ruins Tokens. If you care about your result, it might be better to avoid exploring too thoroughly and instead try to reach the end of the adventure as soon as possible.
You can either use the Ruins Tokens in The Breach by interacting with the Vending Machine or in the Civil Corps.
The rewards are based on the level and the rank obtained and consist of:
- Rank S - Techno Calendar, Engine, Metal Coil x3, Condenser (11% chance to obtain), Ruins Tokens x15
- Rank A - Techno Calendar, Engine, Metal Coil x2, Ruins Tokens x10.
- Rank B - Techno Calendar, Engine, Metal Coil, Ruins Tokens x7
- Rank C - Engine, Ruins Tokens x4
- Bonus for completing the level for the first time: Desert Defender Shirt, Camera Piece 2
- Rank S - Techno Floppy Disk Box, Engine, Metal Coil x3, Condenser (22% chance to obtain), Ruins Tokens x25
- Rank A - Techno Floppy Disk Box, Engine, Metal Coil x2, Ruins Tokens x20
- Rank B - Techno Floppy Disk Box, Engine, Metal Coil, Ruins Tokens x15
- Rank C - Engine, Ruins Tokens x10
- Bonus for completing the level for the first time: Desert Defender Pants, Camera Piece 1
- Rank S - Techno Lamp, Engine, Metal Coil x3, Condenser (33% chance to obtain), Ruins Tokens x40
- Rank A - Techno Lamp, Engine, Metal Coil x2, Condenser (22% chance to obtain), Ruins Tokens x30
- Rank B - Techno Lamp, Engine, Metal Coil, Condenser (11% chance to obtain), Ruins Tokens x20
- Rank C - Engine, Ruins Tokens x12
- Bonus for completing the level for the first time: Desert Defender Cape, Camera Piece 3