This page explains how to increase the amount of free space in your backpack. This matter is key, since you're constantly collecting items as you play. Once you have the optimal number of slots available, you will be able to carry all the essential items from the journeys you undertake. We also suggest how to manage space in your bag.
Basic inventory slots
Your character's inventory is divided into slots. Each group of items (regardless of number) takes up 1 slot. You begin the game with 29 free slots, but you'll quickly realize that's not enough to play the game effectively.
How to increase the number of slots?
You can buy additional inventory space at any time during the game. To do this, go to the backpack tab and click the button with the plus symbol (we've marked it in the screenshot above) and then confirm your selection. Keep in mind that you'll need to pay for each addition.
The prices are as follows:
- First 11 slots (1-11) - 10 Gols per slot.
- The following 10 slots (12-21) - 20 Gols per slot.
- The following 10 slots (22-31) - 50 Gols per slot.
- Subsequent slots (32 - X) - 100 Gols per slot.
How to manage my inventory effectively?
Above all, keep in mind that carrying all of your materials at all times isn' a good idea. It's best to leave all items, resources and tools that you don't currently need in chests, as you can use them to construct items in the workshop directly from storage.
However, you should always carry the following items:
- Basic tools of the highest possible quality, namely the Pickhammer and Axe.
- A weapon you specialize in.
- In the later stages of the game - a pistol and ammo.
- Several food items that regenerate stamina and health.
- Data Discs.
It's also a good idea to remember to put the things you use most often in the quick select menu. When a quick slot is free, it often ends up filled with something useless, which you then have to manually swap out.