This page contains a walkthrough of The Show Must Go On main quest, in which you will have to repair the selected section of the stage. This is by far the most complex task you will face to date.
Quest time limit: none
Reward: 400 EXP, 800 Gols, 25 Reputation, 10 Relationship with Mi-an and Matilda
- Follow Mi-an to the Stage
- Recycle the Old Stage
- Construct Stage Support
- Assemble the Stage Backdrop
- Install Stage Support/Install Stage Backdrop
- Report to Matilda
Follow Mi-an to the Stage
The task will begin the day after the first sandstorm. Mi-an will come to your workshop with a request from Matilda to head to the stage. Run after the girl and talk to the morose residents.
Here, you need to decide which part of the stage you want to rebuild. You can choose between the Stage Support (the easier option) or Stage Backdrop (a more time-consuming task). The decision has no bearing on the story, so it hardly matters which project you go with.
Recycle the Old Stage
The first step is to get rid of the remaining stage debris. To do this, you need to craft a Bronze Pickhammer with the Worktable.
To craft a Bronze Pickhammer, you need:
- Bronze Bars x5 - can be crafted with the Furnace for a total of 15 Copper Ore and 10 Tin Ore. Both resources can be found on level 3 of the Eufaula Salvage Abandoned Ruins. You will have to pay for a weekly ticket to enter the ruins, which costs 200 Gols. Bronze Bars can also be purchased at the Hammer Time store near the Commerce Guild for 47 Gols.
- Wooden Stick x2 - can be crafted with the Worktable for a total of 6 Wood. Wood can be obtained by cutting down bushes or by processing Wood Scrap in the Recycler machine.
- Copper Screw x2 - can be crafted with the Grinder for a total of 2 Copper Bars (these in turn can be cast in the Furnace from Copper Ore). Copper Screws can also be purchased from Hammer Time for 19 Gols, which is a much quicker option.
- Sharpening Stone - available for purchase at the Hammer Time store for 512 Gols. The price is astounding, but there is no way to craft this item as of now.
Once you have obtained the required materials, craft a Bronze Pickhammer using the Worktable and return to the stage to remove the debris.
Construct Stage Support
If you have selected the Stage Support, approach the Assembly Station and select the corresponding project. Building it requires:
- Stone Slate x8 - can be crafted with the Processor for a total of 16 Bricks. These, in turn, can be made in the Furnace using Stones.
- Wooden Boards x 8 - can be crafted with the Processor for a total of 32 Wood pieces.
- Bronze Bars x8 - can be crafted with the Furnace. We described how to obtain these materials above, in the guidelines for crafting a Bronze Pickhammer.
Use the materials collected on the project at the Assembly Station to complete the construction.
Assemble the Stage Backdrop
If your choice is Stage Backdrop, approach the Assembly Station and select the blueprint. Next, you need to gather the required materials:
- Wooden Stick x8 - can be crafted with the Worktable for a total of 24 Wood.
- Copper Wire x8 - can be crafted with the Grinder for a total of 8 Copper Bars. You first need to purchase the Copper Wire blueprint from the Commerce Guild Store for 39 Gols.
- Glass x5 - can be crafted with the Furnace for a total of 20 Dinas. You can find them by digging in Gravel.
- Copper Loudspeaker x4 - can be crafted with the Worktable using Copper Bars and Old Parts. You can quickly find the required materials on any level of the Eufaula Salvage Abandoned Ruins. You'll need its blueprint to craft it, which can be purchased at the Commerce Guild Store for 119 Gols.
Install Stage Support/Install Stage Backdrop
Now all you have to do is take the completed structure and use it to replace the old stage. After a brief cut-scene, the quest will be almost complete.
Report to Matilda
Time to report your progress to Matilda. The woman resides in City Hall during the day, but if for some reason she is not there, you will find her on the route between the City Hall and the Church of the Light. Regardless of where she is, the quest marker indicate her exact location. Talk to her to successfully complete the quest.