On this page of the Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden world atlas, you can find a detailed description of The Ark location. This is a central hub, which is also a base. Our guide contains information on characters you can meet visiting the Ark and what types of services are offered there.
General information about The Ark
Enemies - none. This is the only safe location in the game.
Access to other locations - The Ark Outskirts (always available). You can use fast travel to move to the other locations from the map screen.
Unique treasures - None.
Unique places in The Ark
The Elder - this is the least important location in the Ark. You can talk to the Elder there. Some of the conversations will be activated automatically after completing an important quest and returning to the Ark.
Delta's Fix Pit - You can upgrade, modify and disassemble owned weapons:
- Upgrading the weapons increases stats. Upgrading them to the II level costs 30 Weapon Parts, and to the III level - 60 parts. Start by upgrading a few of the most frequently used weapons to the II level. Do a level III upgrade during your later visits to the Ark.
- You modify weapons by installing attachments, which can be found on the map or bought in the Iridia's shop. Every attachment can be removed at any time. Use this possibility if you get a better attachment or you decide that this particular attachment will be more useful on a different weapon.
- Disassembly the weapon if you want to get some Weapon Parts. You can do it only if the weapon isn't equipped (this also applies to the inactive members). In this game, you can't sell the equipment, so it's the only possible way to get rid of useless items.
Pripp's Place - You can trade the unique artifacts (secrets) for Artifact skills. The most important one is the Deal Maker. If you'd found the first artifact in the East Outpost, you can buy the Deal Marker during your first visit to this place. It lowers the prices in the Iridia's Shop by 20% (more information below).
The other useful artifact skills:
- Medic - increases health regeneration by 3 points when using a first aid kit. Buy it at the first opportunity because, by default, first aid kits are not very efficient.
- Blaster Master - increases grenade damage by 4 points. For example, a frag grenade can deal up to 8 points of damage to all enemies within the range of the explosion. This is a huge difference comparing to the initial strength of grenades.
- Zapper - extends the time of stunning the bots after using the EMP grenade by 1 turn. This is especially helpful in the further parts of the game when you encounter more robots, and their stronger variants appear.
Iridia's Shop - you can buy consumables, weapon attachments, or new weapons and armors there. Use scrap you gather during the game to shop. We recommend you to stock up on grenades (especially the frags and EMP) and first aid kits. These are the items, that run out the most often and which can help you survive through the battles.
The attachments or new weapons and armors can be expensive. It's better to wait to buy them because they can't be sold. Also, you can find them exploring the game world. The only exception is the crossbow - buy it if you're thinking about having a third silent weapon. The list of items grows as the party level up and the game progresses. You'll always receive a message when a new item appears in the Iridia's shop.