MultiVersus: Velma - how to play? MultiVersus Guide, Tips
On this page of the guide to MultiVersus you will get acquainted with the support character, called Velma, learning about her best perks. She is a character from the Scooby Doo universe.
Last update: Thursday, September 8, 2022
In Multiversus, Velma is of Support class. She specializes in long-range combat, offering many buffs for allies and effects that weaken enemies. On this page of the guide, you can learn how to utilize him best when fighting other players or AI-controlled opponents.
Velma has numerous unique mechanics that are explained in our tips:
- Her ground neutral attack fires 4 projectiles. However, remember that the first projectile deals very little damage and is mainly used to mark an ally or opponent. The next ones will automatically home towards the marked target .
- Moreover, if your projectiles hit an ally, larger projectiles will be created that will additionally heal Velma (by about 4 HP). If a comic bubble hits an enemy and had flown through an allied player, it will apply 1 Weaken.
- Every few seconds, a small item will appear in a random place in the arena. Said item is called evidence. After collecting 5 of them, Velma can summon the Mystery Machine which focuses on the nearest enemy. If an enemy is caught in the car, they will have to escape it. If they don't make it in time, it will drive into the nearest pit, taking them with it.
- Some attacks have a chance to summon evidence once an enemy is hit . These are: air up special, ground neutral attack, (if the final shot hits an ally and the next round hits the enemy), air side attack, and ground neutral attack.
- Allies can also pick up evidence . This lets you summon the Mystery Machine much faster.
- Velma is a hero that can not only help herself and her allies, but also weaken opponents. In addition to standard healing, Velma can give grey health to your allies, make an ally faster and reduce ability cooldowns. On the other hand, she can slow down or even freeze opponents, or exclude an opponent from the match for a short time thanks to the Mystery Machine.
- If you are kicked out of the arena, you will lose all the evidence you had before your death.
- Although this is not listed in the character movement description, a ground down attack grants armor for a short while to the ally hit by that attack.
Velma has access to 2 Signature Perks. The first is Studied . At the start of the match, and each time you're fallen into the chasm, you receive +1 Evidence.
The second signature perk is Knowledge Is Power . When an ally picks up Evidence, he gains 3 gray health points for a few seconds. Thanks to this, you encourage your allies to collect evidence more often, and you will not only increase the chances of survival of allies, but you're also able to summon the Mystery Machine faster.
Both bonuses are very useful, but the choice depends on whether you are playing solo or with another player. In 1v1 mode, "Studied" will be the only sensible choice as you don't have an ally that can pick up evidence. On the other hand, "Knowledge is Power" is the best option for the 2v2 mode, as it makes your ally more powerful and at the same time you, allowing you to summon the Mystery Machine faster (as long as your companion doesn't forget to pick up Evidence).
Apart from choosing the signature perk, which choice depends on the chosen game mode, the rest should remain the same:
- Retaliation-Ready - a utility perk. After hitting an enemy with a projectile, your team will receive 3 gray health for 3 seconds. If an ally chooses this perk, the bonus will increase to 8 points. Grey health absorbs damage without losing actual health points.
- Make It Rain, Dog! - an offensive perk, which increases your team's projectile speed by 20%. If the ally also chooses this, the bonus will increase to 25%. The enemy team will have a harder time avoiding projectiles, making it a very good choice for Velma.
- Coffeezilla - utility perk, your team gains -10% ability cooldown. Bonus is increased to -15% once an ally chooses the same perk. Velma has as much as 4 abilities that require cooldown. Therefore, it is a very useful perk for her.
How to win as Velma?
Velma doesn't have many good close-range attacks, so stay in the distance, as your moveset has a lot of long-distance options and those that support your allies. Use them often, and at the same time focus on gathering evidence .
You can discourage the opponent from attacking you by using ground up special. It will create a pool of sticky liquid beneath you that does no damage, but applies slowdown to opponents, if during that time they receive a maximum stack of freeze, they will be frozen.
In most cases, when playing in 2v2 mode, focus on supporting your ally. Your long range attacks will become much more powerful if they pass through a player on your team first . This applies to following abilities - comic bubble, laser, and charge. Not only will you increase the chance of Evidence spawning, you will heal each other, speed up or reduce the cooldowns of other skills.
After collecting 5 evidence, summon the Mystery Machine as soon as possible. It will attack the opponent who has a bubble above his head. If the vehicle hits an enemy, he becames locked in it, immobilizing him and dealing very high damage to them . Moreover, if the opponent does not free himself quickly enough, he will fall out of the arena and die. However, he can resist and reduce the duration of this skill. Moreover, the second hero from the opposing team can destroy the car , this way helping his ally.
If Velma or an ally uses up a lot of skills that have a cooldown, it is worth using the ground down special . The ability involves throwing a book at an ally. Cooldown on attack will be lowered, making both Velma and her ally able to use them more often. This ability makes your heads unnaturally large. When they return to their normal size, the buff will disappear.