MultiVersus: Reindog - how to play? MultiVersus Guide, Tips
On this page of the guide to MultiVersus you will read about how to properly play a character of Support class, called Reindog, and learn about the best perks for him. This is a character that does not come from any universe, created by the Player First Games studio.
Last update: Thursday, September 8, 2022
In Multiversus, Reindog is a Support character. He has access to many interesting moves that affect both allies and opponents. One of Reindog's advantages is his ability to fight on larger distances. On this page of the guide, you can learn how to utilize him best when fighting other players or AI-controlled opponents.
Reindog is equipped with many abilities that are unique to him.
- He is a walking artillery , mainly specializing in ranged combat using his ground neutral. The longer you hold down the button responsible for this attack, the farther the projectile will go.
- You can power up your shots in two ways. The first is a special up attack. It will create a crystal that will start firing lightning bolts at the targets in its vicinity. If you are hit by it, your character becomes electrified . This means that the next blow dealt to the opponent will cause him to take electric damage for a short while.
- The second way is to use a special down attack. Reindog will create a projectile that will turn into a wall of fire when it collides with an enemy or object. Enemies close to the wall will take damage over time. Moreover, if your shot goes through the flames and hits a player on the opposing team, he will burn for a short time.
- This character can become an item! If you stay in the air and use a special up attack, the Reindog will turn into a ball. In this form, you can roll and jump, but you won't deal any damage, but your ally can pick you up and throw at opponents.
- Use a neutral special to bind to an allied player . The beam of light connecting you deals damage to enemies it touches. Moreover, you can use this move again to pull an ally towards you. This is a very good tool to save allies from predicaments.
Reindog has 2 Signature Perks. The first is Fire Fluff . The attack, once it strucks any object, turns into a larger wall. The wall can ignite projectiles. Moreover, you can use it to separate yourself and any enemy nearby.
The second signature perk is the Crystal Pal . Launching a ground up special will create a crystal that follows Reindog.
Both options are a very good choice. The crystal, however, can sometimes get stuck in the walls, but it is not a problem to use the skill again and reset its position.
This build is so universal that you can use both Fire Fluff and Crystal Pal.
- . Make It Rain, Dog! - an offensive perk, thanks to which your team will gain 20% increased projectile speed. If the ally also chooses this, the bonus will increase to 25%. Reindog finds this buff very useful, as thanks to it you will deal damage to enemies faster.
- Deadshot - an offensive perk that increases the damage dealt by projectiles by 5%, and in the case an ally chooses it, the bonus will be 10%.
- Retaliation-Ready - a utility perk. After hitting an enemy with a projectile, your team will receive 3 gray health for 3 seconds. If an ally chooses this perk, the bonus will increase to 8 points. Grey health absorbs damage without losing actual health points.
There are also other perks that work well with Reindog:
- Tasmanian Trigonometry - a utility perk, which increases your team's base knockback by 15%. Additionally, when an ally also chooses this, you will receive a 25% bonus to knockback.
- Triple Jump - a utility perk that allows your team to use an additional, third jump, if you hit an opponent in the air. When stacked, the triple jump can be used indefinitely.
How to win as Reindog?
The biggest advantage of this character is that he can deal a lot of damage from a safe distance thanks to his projectiles . The mechanics of strengthening them with elements encourages the use of them even more. Therefore, your goal should be to stay away from your opponents, fire projectiles at them and change position as the enemy starts to approach.
If an ally or you are in trouble, use the tether to connect with each other and then draw the ally towards you. When you see that an ally has high damage (the gauge below the hero) and an opponent is about to kick him off the arena, use neutral special to teleport the ally to you (only works if you are tethered).
A good tactic is also to separate yourself from other players with the wall of fire and the crystal. Use this skills to your advantage once you are in a good position. Thanks to them, an enemy that attempts to attack you will receive constant damage from lightning and fire.
Don't forget that Reindog cannot use his projectiles forever, as if you use the same attack over and over again, you'll start to have a "fading attack". This means that your projectiles start to deal much less damage . Sometimes a good solution is to approach the enemy and perform a series of blows with a normal side attack or use your tail, which destroys the armor (ground down attack).