MultiVersus: Superman - how to play? MultiVersus Guide, Tips
On this page of the guide for MultiVersus you will read about how to properly play a character with the class of Tank, called Superman, and learn about the best perks for him. Clark Kent is a hero from the DC universe.
Last update: Thursday, September 8, 2022
In Multiversus, Superman is a tank character. He doesn't deal much damage, but can withstand serious punishment. Moreover, kicking him off the arena is difficult cause of his weight. On this page of the guide, you can learn how to utilize him best when fighting other players or AI-controlled opponents.
Superman has access to many useful skills that make him a durable warrior:
- Many of his moves offer armor . Armor allows you to mitigate damage from a single enemy attack. Mitigating also prevents interruptions to your moves.
- His special attack is Ice Breath, which places freeze effect on opponents. Simply press the required button to create an ice blast directed in front of you. The effect can stack. Further stacking slows down opponents even more. Maximum stack changes the opponent into ice.
- Don't forget that you can freeze not only opponents but also projectiles fired by them. Once frozen, you can pick up the projectiles and return them to the opponent. Another advantage is that ally projectiles touched by Ice Breath will place the freeze on the enemy if he is hit.
- Superman is great at killing enemy heroes . You can grab the opponent mid-air and throw him into the direction pointed by your analog stick. Knockback depends on how much health the opponent has.
- Moreover, Superman's passive ability allows him to perform dodges up and diagonally.
Superman has access to as many as 3 signature perks. The first is Flaming Re-Entry . By performing this special attack you'll create a ring of fire where you land. It doesn't deal much damage, and opponents tend to escape the ignited area.
The second unique perk is Sniper Punch . Dealt knockback and damage increase with the distance Superman has to traverse before hitting the opponent. If the distance traveled was short, the damage to the enemies will be lesser. However, don't forget that after equipping this perk, the range of the attack will be increased.
The third perk is Break The Ice . Thanks to it, you can deal extra damage to opponents struck with induced freeze. The larger the freeze stack, the more this effect will be evident.
Consider focusing on two abiltiies - Sniper Punch and Break The Ice. These will be used very often, and the extra damage from stacks is appreciated. Flaming Re-Entry won't increase your combat potential like other unique bonuses.
Sniper Punch build
This build involves attacking with Sniper Punch to close the distance and fight in close combat.
- Wildcat Brawler - an offensive perk that increases the damage of ground melee attacks by 5% (for the whole team). When an ally chooses this perk, the bonus will increase to 10%. This is an interesting buff, as Superman's normal attack involves a series of a few quick attacks that are worth using.
- Slippery Customer - a defensive perk that offers a 10% longer dodge invulnerability window. When an ally chooses this bonus, the bonus increases to 15%.
- Leg Day Champ - a utility perk that allows 10% higher jumps. Additionally, when an ally chooses this bonus, your jumps will be 15% higher.
Break The Ice build
This build bases on freeze stacks to deal more damage.
- School Me Once ... - this is a defensive perk that offers projectile block buff for 2 seconds after being knocked back by a projectile. The effect activates once you are knocked back by an enemy projectile. This bonus is increased to 4 seconds if an ally also selects this perk.
- Aerial Acrobat - a useful perk thanks to which your team gets 10% bonus to aerial control, or 20% if the ally also equips this perk.
- Ice To Beat You - an offensive perk that causes your team's projectiles to apply one freeze stack if the enemy is knocked back. If the perk is stacked, two charges will be placed. When it comes to Superman, he has a ground down special that is reinforced by this effect.
How to win as Superman?
Superman is not a very fast character, although he has many abilities that can significantly shorten the distance to the opponent. One of them is a special side attack. It can be performed while on the ground. Unfortunately, charging mean staying in one place. When you release the button responsible for this move you'll fly to the area which you've marked with the cursor (screenshot above).
Gliding is an important move. By using Flying Swing, you can control Superman's glide. However, the glide controls are cumbersome and clunky. Nevertheless, you can move up and down while gliding. In this case, your target is to touch the opponent . If you're successful, you'll grab the target and throw him into the air. This is a great tool for combat outside the area, where the opposing hero usually has limited room fro maneuver.
Use their weight to your advantage. If, for example, you catch the Iron Giant, throw him into the chasm. This will make it hard for him to stay on the arena. When it comes to lighter heroes, throw them to the side or up, and the gravity itself will help you eliminate them.
Once the enemy is frozen, you'll have plenty of time to continue with any move you want. Hitting a frozen enemy will free him from the effect . Therefore, make sure to use a strong charged attack so you deal massive damage.
While in air, don't forget to use the ground down special, especially if you're sporting a freeze build. Thanks to this, you will also set fire to enemies that will be touched by the laser and put a freeze stack on them (only if you equip Break the Ice perk). The range of the projectile is greater, the higher in air your character is.