Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord may surprise you with the level of difficulty. The options chosen during character creation may prove to be mismatched. Fortunately, the game offers the ability to change the difficulty level at any point. This section of the guide will tell you how to increase the difficulty in Bannerlord.
How do you change the difficulty level?
To change them, press Esc, and go to Campaign Options. You'll see a few settings - you can set them to very easy, easy or realistic (the most difficult). There are also two options you can enable or disable. All difficulty level settings are as follows:
- Friendly Troops Received Damage - affects the amount of damage inflicted on your units.
- Friendly Parties Received Damage - affects the amount of damage inflicted on your allies' units.
- Player Received Damage - affects the amount of damage inflicted on your character.
- Recruitment Difficulty - reduces the level of relationship required for unit recruitment.
- Map Movement Speed - affects how fast your squad moves in the campaign mode.
- Enable Death - this option enables permanent death for all characters including yourself.
- Auto Allocate Clan Member Perks - here, you can decide to let the computer determine how to develop your companions.