This guide for Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord will help you in conquering this open and dynamically changing world known as Calradia. The newest entry of the Mount and Blade series does not stray from the gameplay scheme seen in the previous installments - the world is open and at your disposal, and the guide below will help you get acquainted with the changes introduced in Bannerlord.
- Bannerlord: Guide's content
- Bannerlord: Quick beginner's guide
- Bannerlord: Basics
- Bannerlord: FAQ
- Bannerlord: Combat
- Bannerlord: Release date and price
- Bannerlord: System requirements
Bannerlord: Guide's content
Our guide to Bannerlord describes all of its mechanics.The beginner tips will help you get started and explain the most important aspects of the game, while further pages offer detailed descriptions for gameplay modes, creating and developing your hero, or finding your way around the map. We've also added tips regarding economy and army management.
Combat is a very important part of Mount and Blade 2. As a result, we've dedicated an entire chapter solely to this aspect of the gameplay. Here you will learn how to win battles and skirmishes, as well as how to successfully besiege castles. Defending own castles and villages is also mentioned. The tips below will answer the question - how to fight and do battle in Mount and Blade 2.
In Bannerlord, there are several factions, all of them unique. Our guide will acquaint you with factions which you can join or fight against. Studying units as well as strengths and weaknesses of each faction will help you during the game.
The chapters above are complemented by a FAQ section. This is where we answer questions that may arise during playing. How to make money, what factions appear in the game, how to start a family, how to fight in the arena, how to develop skills, how to recruit soldiers or how to create your own kingdom - these are examples of questions appearing in our FAQ section.
The final pages of the Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord guide are dedicated to the technical side of the game. We've listed detailed system requirements, both minimum and recommended. You'll also find controls, divided following the current gameplay mode - world map or combat. We have also discussed the modifications. You will learn how to install mods for Bannerlord and read about a few of the best ones.
Bannerlord: Quick beginner's guide
Bannerlord throws you right into an unpredictable world where everyone has goals. Our quick beginner's guide will help you with the gameplay.
- You can't change the starting culture later. At the beginning of the game, you have to choose a culture - Vlandians, Sturgians, Empire, Aserai, Khuzaits or Battanians. Each culture has bonuses, but also penalties. So it's worth thinking about the choice, because once a culture is chosen, it can't be changed during gameplay.
- Take the time to learn how to fight. The game offers a tutorial where you will learn all types of weapons. This is a good time to practice fighting with different methods and learn which weapon best suits your playing style.
- Save the game often. The gameplay in Bannerlord is extremely dynamic. The campaign map is constantly roamed by groups of other characters - you never know at what point you will be attacked. So remember to save the game frequently.
- Feed the soldiers. Obtained units not only require a daily fee in gold - you must also remember to stock up on food. Always keep food in your inventory. A unit without food quickly loses morale, and after time, soldiers may leave your group.
- Get companions. Every town has an inn - these are the places where potential companions often hang out. It's worth recruiting them, as they are an incredible help. Some of the companions will be useful on the battlefield, while others will heal your soldiers or make it easier to move around the map.
More tips can be found on a separate page: Beginner's guide.
Our guide to Bannerlord has many tips on the main gameplay elements. You can find them on these pages:
- Best starting skills - A list of skills recommended for beginner players.
- Beginnings - what to do first? - The game's open world can be overwhelming. These tips will help you have a better start.
- Game modes - Besides the campaign, the game also has a few multiplayer modes.
- Character - creation, skills - Appearance, choosing culture, developing skills or selecting perks.
- Faction - joining, settlements - On this page, you will learn how to join a faction.
- Party - leading, management - All information abut managing the party and commanding the soldiers.
- Companions - best, where to find - A collection of tips on companions in Bannerlord.
- Clan - recruiting members, clan roles - Tips on developing your clan.
- Smithing - crafting, materials - Everything you need to know about crafting.
- Workshops - Best workshops in Bannerlord.
The FAQ section answers questions that may arise when playing Bannerlord.
- How to change difficulty level? - Descriptions of difficulty levels.
- How long to complete the game? - How much time you can spend with Bannerlord?
- Which one is the best culture? - The best starting culture.
- How to earn money? - Trading, running a workshop, or creating caravans.
- How to heal? - Ways to restore health.
- How to change and create banner? - Editing a banner or ways of creating a banner with your own graphic.
- How to trade profitably? - The art of trading with profit.
- How to create your own kingdom? - Creating your kingdom step by step.
- How to create caravan? - Creating a caravan and earning from it.
- How to increase lifting capacity? - All ways of increasing carrying limit.
- How to find a wife and get married? - Marriage and its pros.
- How to gain reputation? - Ways of getting reputation fast.
- How to recruit companions? - Finding and recruiting a companion.
- How to recruit soldiers? - Best ways of getting units.
- How to increase party size? - Skills and perks that affect party size.
- How to execute a lord? - Effects of killing lords.
- How to get charcoal? - The fastest way of obtaining charcoal.
- How to sell and recruit slaves? - Selling slaves or finding ones.
- How win arenas and tournaments? - Participate in a tournament to win rewards.
- How to find a spy? - Finding a spy during a quest.
Combat in Bannerlord is one of the most important elements of the game. The pages listed below have many useful tips regarding combat and battles.
- How to fight - tips - Attacks that hit the target, and the best weapon sets.
- How to couch lance? - A couched lance deals massive damage.
- How to attack with the sieges? - Descriptions of sieging and preparing to defend a castle/town.
Bannerlord: Release date and price
The game was released on March 30, 2020 in Early Access. The full version of Bannerlord was released on 25 October, 2022. The title can be purchased for 49.99 dollars / 49.99 euros / 39.99 pounds.
Bannerlord: System requirements
Will Bannerlord work on my computer? If you are asking yourself this question, take a look at the Mount and Blade 2 hardware requirements below. Knowing the minimum and recommended requirements allows you to determine whether your computer can handle the game.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7850
- RAM: 6 GB
- Disk space: 60 GB
- Operating system: 64-bit Windows 7 / 8 / 10
More information on the System requirements page.
About Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Guide
Author : Radoslaw "Wacha" Wasik for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : March 9, 2020
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: TaleWorlds
- publisher: TaleWorlds
- platform: PC
More About Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
October begins, leaves are brown, sky is grey. For most of us, it is time where we're spending increasingly more time playing games. And while you should remember to get fresh air, this month should bring some great games.
Mount and Blade wouldn't be such a popular game if it wasn't for the modding scene. Bannerlord goes the same direction, and you can already find some interesting modifications online. Here's an overview of these, plus a sneak-peak of the upcoming ones.
This year is slowly nearing the end, and we're all pretty glad about it. Nevertheless, at lest we've got some great video games during these past few months. If you're looking of a list of all the best games of 2020, you're in the right place.
After 10 years, Bannerlord has finally arrived. It's a great game, but it lacks so much new content that it basically looks like a revamped Warband. Instead of complaining, however, we're gonna be putting ideas forward.
The dry spell is over! March will bring an expansion to The Division 2, test our patience with Ori and the Will of the Wisps and NiOh 2, and then let us vent off killing demons in Doom Eternal – and that's just the tip of the iceberg!