- The health bar of the character.
- Defensive meter.
- Offensive meter.
Mortal Kombat 11 is a very dynamic game, in which you have to react within fractions of a second. During combat, you should pay attention to many factors, not just the health bar of the Hero. The game requires combining attacks into smooth combos, and also responsible blocking of blows of the opponent. Moreover, the game features a special meter that was divided into offensive and defensive (two bars on each of the options).
- The offensive meter
- Defensive meter
- Moves consuming defensive and offensive meter
- Replenishing Meters
The offensive meter
The attack meter is used to enhance your hero's individual special attacks, or to use interactive elements.
- Reinforced attack - uses one or two bars of the meter and is performed via a special combination of buttons.
- Use of interactive elements - some interactive elements in the arenas can be used for offensive purposes, for which you need to pay one meter bar.
- Reinforcing interactive elements - you can enhance any use of an interactive element with an Armor move, which will absorb the next attack. The use of that amplification costs 2 meter bars.
The defensive meter was divided into two bars. Depending on the performed move, you can use one or two bars of this meter. The defensive meter is used primarily to avoid injury or perform wake-up moves.
- Breakaway - consumes two bars of the meter and allows you to release from a combo when the character is thrown into the air in order to be juggled. Using Breakaway in the air will thwart enemy's plans when he is in the process of performing a combo, and will give you time to make a counterattack when you stand up from the ground. Breakaway requires a lot of practice and the timing.
- Get up roll - standing up from the ground with a roll forward or backward costs 1 meter bar.
- Use of interactive elements - each arena in Mortal Kombat 11 has several interactive elements. The use of such elements will cost one bar of defensive meter.
Moves consuming defensive and offensive meter
In Mortal Kombat 11, you can also use movements that will consume one bar of each resource.
- Flawless Block - a block, which reduces the damage and gives a chance to perform an immediate counterattack.
- Wake up - get up from the ground, with the output of a kick worth one belt of the defensive and attacking meters each.
Each player starts a fight with two bars of defensive and offensive meters. The energy used is replenished over time. Interestingly, you can't fill the meter faster by performing a combo or taking damage.