Toolbox in Mordhau is an incredibly useful item. With it, you can build a wooden castle and a mini-ballista. Toolbox can be purchased for your own character, but it's also available for already-made warrior named Engineer - so it's worth checking out this character if this item fits your style of play. On this page you will learn all the most important information about Toolbox. Here you will learn how to use Toolbox, how to speed up construction and how to build ballista and other fortifications.
- How does Toolbox work and what is it?
- What can I build with Toolbox?
- How to speed up construction time?
- How to build Mounted Crossbow?
How does Toolbox work and what is it?
This item is very useful on the battlefield, and can change the course of the battle. So, let's learn the basic information about the described item:
- Toolbox is a special item that allows the construction of three objects - Wooden Walls, Wooden Spikes and Mounted Crossbow.
- You may buy it for 500 gold, but it is also available for free from while playing as Engineer.
- Toolbox takes a slot as a normal weapon. After taking it out, before your character will form fortifications - you can change the objects of construction with the 'change weapon mode' button (the default button is "R" key). After pressing the attack button, the selected object will be automatically built.
- Toolbox has "ammo", that is, the resources used to create objects. These resources can be renewed at the inventory chest (so-called ammo box).
What can I build with Toolbox?
As mentioned above, with Toolbox you can build three different objects. Each of them works in a different situation, as well as has different statistics - durability or production time. Below you will find detailed information about all the fortifications.
The Wooden Walls are great for blocking narrow passages, or covering archers. Thanks to these objects, it is easy to block, for example, the gate and thus make it harder for your enemies to pass through. Wooden Wall automatically builds within 20 seconds, costs 1 Toolbox resource and has 250 durability points.
Wooden Spikes works the same way as above Wooden Walls, but in addition to blocking access, it also deals damage (but it has lower durability) - each touch of the spikes causes a slight health decrease of the opponent. Wooden Spikes are built automatically within 20 seconds, cost 1 Toolbox resource, and have 125 durability points.
The latter object is certainly different from the above. Mounted Crossbow is a mini-ballista that allows you to cause almost 100 damage per hit - and one ballista has 5 rounds. It's usually well-established on the walls, where from a height you can fire at enemies, but in the open areas it also can be quite useful. Mounted Crossbow is automatically built within 10 seconds, costs 6 Toolbox resources and has 50 durability points.
How to speed up construction time?
Above, you will find building process times of every object. It is worth knowing that the construction process can be accelerated. For this purpose, you can use two items - Wooden Mallet (costs 300 gold) or Blacksmith Hammer (costs 500 gold). These hammers may enhance the construction speed (use hammer swings to do so) - simply use the hammer on the constructed object (Blacksmith Hammer is a bit faster).
Another way to speed up the construction is to buy Smith perk - it provides 50% repair and construction bonus (when using the hammer). It is also worth knowing that with the help of hammers, you can not only build, but also repair objects that will receive damage during the battle.
How to build Mounted Crossbow?
Construction of Mounted Crossbow is not so obvious. The cost of creating Mounted Crossbow is 6 Toolbox resources, and after starting the game or reviving a character, your Toolbox will only have 3 resources. You have to get to the ammo box and use it. Only then, after refilling the resources to maximum, you will be able to build Mounted Crossbow.