The Palico uses all kinds of gadgets in combat, which can significantly aid your efforts. Below, you will find a comprehensive list containing every item for Palico.
- Description: This gadget uses the Vigorswap honey to heal the protagonist. The effectiveness depends on proficiency.
- How to unlock: Unlocked automatically during a main quest.
- Remarks: Very useful gadget - the Palico will be able to help you heal during combat, which is often extremely helpful.
- Description: The cage is used to stop monsters with a flashbang. The Brightness depends on the type of fireflies; the effectiveness on the proficiency.
- Location: Ancient Forest
- How to unlock? Take a look at the screen above. Go to the place, and you will meet one of the wild tribes of the Palicos. You have to follow it one of the members of that tribe - there's some climbing and running through bushes to be done. Eventually, you will reach the tribe, which will gift you the Flashyfly Cage.
- Remarks: Pretty useful thing - your Palico can deploy the cage, which will blind your enemies if you hit it.
- Description: This is an enormous shield that protects you against attacks. You can use it to taunt enemies. The efficiency is increased as you develop proficiency.
- Location: Wildspire Waste
- How to unlock? Take a look at the picture above. See the location we're in? You will find a hole there - jump right into it. Turn right and crawl forward - you will reach a Palico tribe. They will ask you for a favor - you have to locate three members of the tribe and catch them into a net. The creatures will be marked on the map, so you'll have not problem finding them. Once you locate the three cats, bring them back to the leader and you will receive a new gadget - the Shieldpire.
- Remarks: This is the perfect gadget for your Palico if you're using a ranged weapon. Your companion will distract the enemy more often, and you'll be free to deal damage.
- Description: A Troupers' instrument that can cause different effects. It's melodies reinforce the attack, defense and resistance. Efficiency depends on proficiency.
- Location: Coral Highlands
- How to unlock?: Take a look at the screen. You will find some Palicos there - defeat them and then follow the fireflies. You will reach a Troupers' camp. There, you will get a quest - you'll need to defeat two Tzitzi-Ya-Ku. You have to take the quest and hunt them. As a reward, you will get the Choral Orchestra.
- Remarks: A great gadget that will provide good buffs in combat - very useful when fighting new monsters.
- Description: An invention of the Plunderers, which tears items from monsters upon an attack. The amount of the items depends on proficiency.
- Location: Rotten Vale
- How to unlock?: Go to the location shown on the screen. From time to time, you will be able to find Lagiana's body there (Odogaron will carry it there sometimes). This will lure there a Palico, which you will have to follow (look for fireflies), until the creature cannot retreat. When the Palico is high above you, select rotten meat from the equipment and put it on the ground. After the cut-scene, you will be in possession of the Pluderblade.
- Remarks: This is one of the best gadgets. Your Palico will be able to fling the blade at enemies, cleaving off parts of their bodies (scales, hides, horns, etc.). This will let you gather the items you need much sooner!
- Description: The Gajalaka bomb deals damage. The Palico's slingshot allows continuous fire. The power of the bomb depends on proficiency.
- Location: Elder's Recess
- How to unlock?: When you already have the remaining gadgets, go to Astera, where you will get a new quest. Your task will be finding 10 Gajalaka marks. You can find them in numerous places on the island - just look for their doodles. After finding them all, go back to the city, return the quest and go to the Elder's Recess. You have to wait till nightfall and then to go to the place marked above - talk to the NPC and follow the trail to the leader of the Gajalaka. You can sneak or simply break through. Eventually, you will make it to the leader's tent and obtain a new item - the Meowlotov Cocktail.
- Remarks: Your Palico will throw the bombs at the enemy, dealing lots of damage and breaking the enemy's momentum.