Advice on fighting Diablos in Monster Hunter World: the monster's strong and weak sides and its hunting strategy:
Characteristics: The most dangerous monster in Wildspire Waste. It's a territorial beast luring underground. It leaps out to the surface if it hears a loud noise.
Habitat: Wildspire Waste
In order to stand the best chance against this enemy, consider the following information:
- You can lure Diablos out with loud noise. If you can manage to trick it to charge at a wildspire, it will be stuck for a moment, and hence - very vulnerable.
- Watch out for the charges; make sure the monster breaks its horns by slamming into different spires or obstacles. This will make the monster weaker, and you will be able to collect the Twisted Horn - a unique item.
- The monster is susceptible to ice and paralysis. Use that in combat. You can also use sliding attacks.
Resilience and physiology
The monster's weak spots are:
- The head (can be broken)
- The wings (can be broken)
- Chest (can be broken)
- You can also severe the tail and break its ridge.
The table below represents the monster's susceptibility to different attacks. The more asterisks (*), the more the beast is susceptible to the given type of attacks.
Cleft off parts
Rewards for defeating the monster
Monster Bone +