Monster Hunter rise: Chameleos - how to defeat? Monster Hunter Rise guide, walkthrough
This Monster Hunter Rise guide page contains the most important information about the monster Chameleos.
Last update: Friday, September 24, 2021
The following page of the guide to Monster Hunter Rise contains the most important information about the monster Chameleos. You will learn about its weak spots and elemental vulnerabilities. At very the end, we presented a list of rewards for defeating Chameleos and some tips for fighting this monster.
- Habitats: Shrine Ruins, Flooded Forest
- Type: Elder Dragon
- Degree level: 8/10
- Weakness: Fire, Dragon
- Immunity: Ice, Water
- Status effects: Poison
- Elements: None
To unlock the quest associated with this monster, your hunter must reach 20 HR.
The above image lists all the parts of the monster's body and their susceptibility to particular weapon types and elements. The higher the number, the more damage is dealt.
The following are the most effective attacks:
- in the head with any kind of weapon, fire or dragon-enhanced;
- in the front legs with a sharp or blunt weapon, fire-enhanced;
- in the back legs with a sharp weapon, fire or dragon-enhanced;
- in the back with any kind of weapon, fire or dragon-enhanced;
Chameleos is weak against:
Above, you will find a list of all the rare items you can get by defeating this monster. Some of them are necessary to make particular weapons or armor.
- Chamaleos can disappear and attack suddenly. Breaking the horn on the monster's nose will deprive him of the ability to camouflage completely. Focus your attacks on breaking this part of the monster body early in the fight;
- The Chameleos's breath produces a dense mist that reduces visibility and creates a toxic cloud that infects with a stronger version of the poison. Use s Wirebug to quickly jump over the cloud and get out of the trap;
- Supply yourself with herbal medicines and an antidote in case of negative status. Before you go hunting, also increase the poison resistance of your character. Teostra's armor has the ability that at level 3 will protect you from the toxic cloud of Chameleos;
- Enraged Chameleos often strikes with his whole body two times. Don't be surprised by the second attack!;
- Enraged monster can be unpredictable. Chameleos tries to steal your items and power-ups obtained from Spiribirds using its long tongue. As soon as you notice the monster sticking out its tongue, immediately dodge;
- The enraged monster can spit out acid, which reduces the defense of the Hunter. Eating an adamant seed or an armorskin will negate the effect.
- When you knock down the monster, focus your attacks on its head. This is the weakest part of its body. Weapons enriched with fire or dragon elements will deal the most damage.