On this page of the guide to Monster Hunter Rise, you will find the most important information about the Bazelgeuse. You will learn about its weak spots and elemental vulnerabilities. At the very end, we presented a list of rewards for defeating Bazelgeus and some tips for fighting this monster.
- Habitats: Shrine Ruins, Frost Islands, Sandy Plains, Flooded Forest, Lava Caverns
- Class: Flying Wyvern
- Degree level: 8/10
- Weakness: Thunder, Ice, Dragon
- Immunity: Fire, Water
- Status effects: Fireblight
- Elements: Fire
The above image lists all the parts of the monster's body and their susceptibility to particular weapon types and elements. The higher the number, the more damage is dealt.
The following are the most effective attacks:
- to the head with a blunt or sharp weapon with Lightning, Ice or Dragon element;
- to the tail with a sharp or blunt weapon with Lightning, Ice, or Dragon element;
- to the abdomen with a sharp or blunt weapon with Lightning, Ice, or Dragon element;
- to the wings with a ranged weapon with Lightning, Ice, or Dragon element;
Bezelgeuse can be afflicted with:
Above, you will find a list of all the rare items you can get by defeating this monster. Some of them are necessary to make particular weapons or armor.
- The enraged monster will glow red. It will become more aggressive, but its skin will soften, making it more vulnerable to damage. Take advantage of this and concentrate your attacks on the red parts of Bazelgeus' body;
- Enraged monster charges forward, leaving shells that explode after a few seconds. At this point, it is best to perform a Wiredash to quickly escape from danger;
- We recommend a ranged weapon with penetrating ammunition. When Bazelgeuse is in the normal state, aim for its wings and tail;
- Watch out for explosive shells that Bazelgeuse will throw at you. When they turn red, it's a signal that they're about to explode. The scales will disappear from the neck and tail of the monster when it is exhausted, but may reappear when Bazelgeuse regains strength;
- Bazelgeuse is an extremely aggressive monster, often moving around the land looking for a new opponent. If you fight another monster, Bazelgeuse can come and join the battle. Use a Dung Bomb to scare it away;
- If Bazelgeuse flies away and then hovers in the air, it's a sign that it's about to turn around and fly in your direction. When it begins to dive in your direction, use Flash Bombs to stop this attack;
- Before you go hunting, increase your character's fire resistance and overall defense. Choose the right armor and weapons with the element of Lightning, Dragon, or Ice;
- A few blows to the head with a blunt weapon should knock out the monster. Continue attacking its head since this is the monster's weakest part.