On this page of our guide to Monster Hunter Rise you will learn how to get the highest rank (S rank) while completing a Fury mission (Rampage). We explain where to check your current mission rank, how to complete the most difficult side assignments and when to set up the village warriors.
After finishing the first Fury you'll unlock this kind of mission in Multiplayer Mode in the Gathering Hub. Repeatedly completing Fury missions lets you collect massive amounts of resources from the monsters and increases your Hunter Rank.
Finishing all the side assignments during a Fury mission and reaching the S rank is borderline impossible on your own. We encourage you to defend the Stronghold with other players to gain the highest possible rank.
You'll find basic information regarding Furies on a separate page of the guide: Fury - what is it?
- Fury Rank - where to check?
- How to increase the Fury Rank?
- Side assignments
- The Counter Gong
- Warriors of Kamura Village
Fury Rank - where to check?
You can check the current rank of the given Fury mission at any time, by opening the main menu. In the Quests tab you'll also find the enemy types present in upcoming hordes, and how long will each wave take.
How to increase the Fury Rank?
To increase the Fury Rank you need to:
- finish side assignments;
- raise the Stronghold level;
- repel the horde of monsters;
- kill the main threats in the horde and Apex monsters.
Your most important goal necessary to repel the Fury is defending the main gate. By completing optional side assignments you get a ton of Stronghold EXP, increasing the Fury Rank. This also unlocks stronger and better hunting machines.
Playing by yourself you'll encounter some side assignments which will be very difficult to complete. By focusing on all the side assignments, you may not be able to defend the gate. Focus on the objectives you can plausibly finish alone instead.
Side assignments are displayed on the left side of the screen. Below we've listed the most difficult Fury assignments and how to complete them:
- Causing negative status effects or infecting with elements - the cannon has special ammo which can infect monsters with Thunderblight. During combat monsters drop plenty of resources, sometimes even elemental bombs. Using them deals a lot of damage and causes a specific blight. Riding a Wyvern will allow you to take control of a monster. Mount beasts such as Tobi-Kadachi or Rathalos, which are able to infect enemies with disease;
- Repelling monsters by Kamura Warriors - this task is easily accomplished by not installing many fortifications on the platform by the gate.
- Stunning a monster - The ballista can fire a special bolt which stuns a monster on a headshot.
- Faint less than 3 times - equip yourself with fine armor and eat some Dango before heading to the Stronghold. During the mission watch your health bar carefully and use healing potions;
- Placing hunting machines - during short breaks between the waves, replace broken machines;
- Repelling monsters with Dragonatos or Splitting Wyvernshots - these mechanisms are usually located by the main gate. If the assignment requires you to repel a large number of monsters by using these machines, place bait on nearby platforms and wait for them to get close.
- Repelling monsters by using Bamboo Bombs - set the bombs on a platform next to an exhausted monster (the blue icon underneath their miniature should tell you when you can do so). Lure the monster towards the bomb to immediately repel it;
- Killing an Apex monster - this may be the most difficult assignment you'll receive. Fight it during the counterattack signal or hit the gong. Attack him while riding a Wyvern and prepare a good weapon for your encounter against those mighty beasts.
The Counter Gong
The counterattack signal will activate from time to time while you're dealing with the waves of monsters. An hourglass will then appear on the screen, measuring the time left until the signal ends. While the signal is in effect, your hunter gains a massive attack bonus. The signal only affects weapon attacks and has no effect on hunting machines. The effects of the counterattack signal depend on your Stronghold level.
Mounting monsters is also easier during the counterattack signal. Attacks made by controlled beasts become stronger, which means this is a good time to fight the Apex monsters.
You'll find a Counter Gong on every battlefield. Use it in case of trouble or once the counterattack signal ends. The gong has the same effects as the signal, but they last for a shorter time. Make sure you hit the gong at the right moment, preferably when you're fighting Apex monsters or when the main gate is heavily besieged.
Never remove the Counter Gong, as you won't be able to place it again on a different platform. Keep it in place until you use it.
Warriors of Kamura Village
You can set up special, limited hunting installations on the platforms. These installations include the village warriors. They are powerful allies in combat, so it's worthwhile to set them up on the platforms during the later stages of the battle or when you get in trouble. They do great at the gate, once the monsters' numbers start to overwhelm you, or against the horde's main monster.
- Elder Fugen - uses a powerful slash which hits nearby enemies for massive damage. Remains on the battlefield until the Fury ends;
- Buddy Handler Iori - causes explosions which infect enemies with plague. Available only during the wave you summon him in.
- Hinoa and Minoto - attack enemies with a spear and a bow. They can inflict AoE damage. Available only during the wave you summon them in.
- Master Utsushi - his powerful attacks cause every nearby monster to become possible to mount. Usually appears during a wave featuring the Apex monster;
- Chef Yomogi - fights with a machine gun which hits enemies multiple times. Her presence works the same as the Counter Gong, increasing damage and morale.
Thanks to the Warriors, you can finish some side assignments which require you to inflict plagues or blights. Some warriors can only be summoned during the wave in which they appear. Set them on the platforms as soon as they are available, as you don't want to waste them.