On this page of the guide to Monster Hunter Rise, you will find the most important information about the monster Rathalos. You will learn about its weak spots and elemental vulnerabilities. At the very end, we presented a list of rewards for defeating Rathalos and some tips for fighting this monster.
- Habitats: Temple Ruins, Lava Caves
- Class: Flying Wyvern
- Degree of difficulty: 6/10
- Weakness: Dragon, Lightning
- Resistances: Fire
- Status effects: Fireblight, poison
- Elements: Fire
The above image lists all the parts of the monster's body and their susceptibility to particular weapon types and elements. The higher the number, the more damage is dealt.
The following are the most effective attacks:
- in the head with any kind of weapon, thunder or dragon-enhanced;
- in the wings with any kind of weapon, dragon or thunder-enhanced;
- in the tail with a sharp or blunt weapon, dragon or thunder-enhanced.
Rathalos is susceptible to:
Above you will find a list of all the usual and rare items that you can get by fighting this monster. Some of them are necessary to make particular weapons or armor.
- Rathalos will attack you from the air most of the time. Use the flash bomb, to bring it down from the air;
- Breaking Rathalos' wings is the best way to stop the monster from attacking from the above;
- Using Insect Glave you can successfully challenge the flying Rathalos. High jumps and air combos will easily allow you to stay on the offensive;
- Rathalos attacks with poison claws and fiery breath. Before hunting, make sure that you have a stock of Nulberry and antidote. The right armor or eating the right Dango will also protect you from fire blight;
- When attacking the legs of the monster, be careful of his stomping, which can repel the hunter and cause a lot of damage.